Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tryin to keep my kool

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 3 Replies
Long story with the BF's parents shorter version is after two years I completely stay away from these people @ all cost.. They now take there issues about me, regarding there 3 yr old granddaughter whom isn't mine btw to my bf which they should do. But I'm just going crazy when I hear the crap they have to say about me. @ times I wanna just text them and say hey F off. But I try and let it go in 1 ear and out the other. Ughhhhh how would u keep ur calm? Am I doing the right thing by not addressing the BS? I've always been 1 to have the last word hahha but in this situation these people are crazy so I just stay away. Is that what u would do??????
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I would think long and hard before I married into that family. And, if they really are that unbalanced I think you're right to stay away from them. Why is he even repeating what they say about you? He should be defending you and telling his parents to straighten up.

Newbie-SM
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I completely agree. I do not want to get married again been there done that. But he's a good guy just stuck in a situation with his parents. We dont wanna dish out the bucks for day care/baby sitting. His parents want to be the 1z in control & use his daughter as way to get what they want. So they'll pull the "we won't watch ur daughter bit" my bf works alot so much so tht he can't watch his little 1. It's a long ugly story that I can only do so much. But it bugs me to not say somethin although knowing if I do what good is it gonna do:/ so ur right these ppl are totally unbalanced & I should keep staying away!!

Quoting Lindalou907:

I would think long and hard before I married into that family. And, if they really are that unbalanced I think you're right to stay away from them. Why is he even repeating what they say about you? He should be defending you and telling his parents to straighten up.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM

If you can keep respectful about it and be firm w/o offensive,  I would have them meet me for a sit down.  The outcome of that would determine whether I stay on contact with them or not as well as thinking hard about whether it is worth it for my happiness to stay with this guy.   Call their bluff, find other childcare for his daughter.  There are tons of options out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured