Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

But, but, but...I didn't DO anything!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 29 Replies

Wow. Just wow. 

I have been good friends with my neighbor for several years now. Really, ever since we moved to this house. But now she isn't speaking to me at all. She tells me she is to hurt and to angry at me. I was very confused by the whole thing until I talked to her husband today (I bumped into him at work). He told me she isn't currently speaking to him either because she had A DREAM last week that we had an affair. I laughed out loud. Don't get me wrong, her hubby is a nice guy and all but no way! Aside from the fact that I am (was?) good friends with his wife, he's just not my type and oh yeah! My DH would probably not like that either. 

I came home and told DH what our neighbor said and he suggested I go talk to my friend. So I went over there and she YELLED at me. She told me she just didn't understand how I could betray her like that. I explained that I didn't betray her, she only had a bad dream. I told her I love MY DH and reassured her that hers loves her. I was then asked to leave because her dreams are prophetic and she doesn't want me near her husband. 

I am still shaking my head. Part of me wonders if she has some sort of depression or psychosis going on because she's never acted like this before. I wonder if her kid is still going to cut our lawn this summer...

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JALang6
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't help but laugh out loud when I retread this. It's so ridiculous.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummmhummm sounds like she's living in crazy town and is running for mayor. May be best to keep your distance she could behave even more irrationally than she already is. For a normal balanced person that behavior just isn't right.
JALang6
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM

I agree that it's not normal behavior. I mean, who gets mad because of a dream?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Your neighbor is an idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Wow. that is some crazy s***t. It really could be the beginning of some kind of mental illness, since you've never seen it before all these years.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Yeah, she sounds as though she has problems. Just keep your distance. :(

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM

My mom gets mad about the stuff that happens in her dreams sometimes, so has my stepdad. Just let her be for a while and hopefully she realizes how silly it is

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM

That is just plain nuts!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I would stay away from the crazy neighbor.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

awsmnss26
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Honey you dodged a bullet with that one. Chalk it up to lesson learned with a person like that and don't stress over someone who would let a DREAM get in the way of a friendship. I'd say she was just jealous of you in some way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)