Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Emotional moms

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm a very unwillingly emotional person. Whenever I get into arguments with the father of my child I start to cry. How do I stop this?

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Shesabeautyx3
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Maybe the emotional part is coming from a different place. Something your upset about or been feeling, so try to sit down and understand what is it that your really emotional about and work at it.

If it happens to be uncontrolable or sudden maybe it's depression stress or some other medical reason... So bring it up to your doctor... Uncontorlable laughing and crying is actually a medical problem(so I've just learned).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Try to talk instead of argue. Calm down before speaking. Take deep breaths. Walk away if you feel emotional. I know sometimes arguing isn't avoided and is normal but it isn't am effective discussion if run by emotions
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Figure out what it is that sets off the crying and go from there. Is it frustration, anger, sadness....

Good luck.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:52 PM

This is really good advice. 

You may want to figure out what (if any) underlying issue may be there.

Quoting Shesabeautyx3: Maybe the emotional part is coming from a different place. Something your upset about or been feeling, so try to sit down and understand what is it that your really emotional about and work at it. If it happens to be uncontrolable or sudden maybe it's depression stress or some other medical reason... So bring it up to your doctor... Uncontorlable laughing and crying is actually a medical problem(so I've just learned).

Shesabeautyx3
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Thanks honey. I try to help others the best way I can, especially if I'm going through something similar.

Quoting LuLuRex:

This is really good advice. 

You may want to figure out what (if any) underlying issue may be there.

Quoting Shesabeautyx3: Maybe the emotional part is coming from a different place. Something your upset about or been feeling, so try to sit down and understand what is it that your really emotional about and work at it. If it happens to be uncontrolable or sudden maybe it's depression stress or some other medical reason... So bring it up to your doctor... Uncontorlable laughing and crying is actually a medical problem(so I've just learned).

Raindelay
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM
I too have ended up crying several times when DH and fight. Some things he says to me just hurt and he rarely admits fault or apologizes.
Sometimes it helps to walk away if you can and try to calm down and think about what you want to say. If you find yourself getting angry our on the verge of tears, take a break to cool off. I have to do this sometimes so I can figure out the best way to say something without offending him or he will just go on the defense and start attacking me. Then it's a big blow up fight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)