Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

UPDATE: Help please! My kids father just passed away!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:56 AM
  • 53 Replies

Mobile Photo

The father to my two oldest children has died this evening in a horrible motorcycle accident. First I ask for your prayers and second I ask for advice. My kids don't know anything yet and I don't know how to tell them. My daughter is 6 and my son is 3. My daughter was extremely close to him. And this news is going to devastate her!

Update:

Thank you all! I told her on Tuesday night. After I picked her up from school I took her to my moms house where we had dinner and after we all had dinner I sat her down with my parents, my husband, and my sisters. I told her that daddy had gotten into an accident and once I started crying she already knew. I told her he was with god now and with my grandmother watching over her. I told her that he was just so special that god wanted him home early. (she goes to a Christian school so she is aware of after life etc) she started crying and she says she misses him and can't stop thinking of him (she was very close to her dad) I tell her it's ok and that he will always be with her and watching over her. We did a balloon release for him with 27 red balloons (27 is how old he was and red was his favorite color) I had her and my son write him a litter and we released the balloons with the letter attached. She now where's his chain and sleep with a shirt with his picture on it. She seems to be doing ok. She tells me she doesn't cry because she has a piece of him. This has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. My heart hurts for my babies and for him he was so young and so full of life and we had spoken a few hours before he accident. It's still so surreal :(

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:07 AM
I'm so sorry. My BIL passed away a couple years ago and we just told the kids. They knew he was sick though, MRSA. It will be hard. Very hard. Just try to be strong for them. Hugs mama.
holland0226
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Prayers to you and your family!

foodie.at.heart
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss.  

hugs

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

EmptyNestMama
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM

hugsI am so sorry! Hugs!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM

hugsI'm so sorry for your loss.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:04 AM
You have to tell them. No easy way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
codfish
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM
This

Quoting Cafe Steph:

hugsI'm so sorry for your loss.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Hugs! I'm so sorry. I have no clue. My son doesn't have a father. Just a sperm donor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
codfish
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM
10 moms liked this
I lost my dad suddenly at 4. Let me explain what you will deal with.

Let jer grieve. It is her dad amd natural. While he is your ex, she probably adored him. If she sees jos family now, please make sure they stay part of her life. His parents and siblings can share stories as she
grows that help her/him know their dad.

Hold them tight and let them cry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)