Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Afraid to go

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:17 AM
  • 5 Replies
I know I need to see someone besides my primary for my depression and anxiety. But I have such a fear, just like people who have a fear of going to the dentist. My problem is if I don't like someone I won't even talk to them. I don't want to have to see four different people just to see someone I will talk to but I know I need it. I really need advise or help finding the right person, I live in the Seattle, WA area.
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM
I would review ratings and reviews online. Good luck
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Your primary should be able to recommend someone based on what they know about your- they should be able to recommend a good fit for you. ((hugs))

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Talk to your primary, tell him what you like and don't like about a person, and let him recommend someone. Therapists are used to helping people get over their fears of not talking. The first step toward getting better is yours. Though it's hard to do, I hope you will make the first step and then the next. Good luck to you.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Talk to your primary first and ask for recommendations.  Tell him or her some characteristics you are looking for in a doctor to help them out.  Also start looking on line and looking at reviews and other recommendations.  I believe Psychology Today on line allows you to search for doctors in your area like that.

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM

That is tough. I hope you can find some one and can talk to them. I have anxiety too and it is tough

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)