Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Verizon Internet?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM
  • 13 Replies
We just moved to a new place out in the country. We are so excited bit now are having trouble finding internet! Somebody said because we have Verzion cell phones and because they work out here, we might be able to get home internet through them? Anybody have them and how do they work?
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:16 AM

we have bellsouth.They are just ok

funny_girl3
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I know someone who uses his cell phone as a wireless hub sometimes, but I have no idea about the details on that.  We've had satelite internet before and it worked pretty well.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I don't think they offer a home internet. You can buy an adapter through them and use your phone internet as an internet hotspot but it will use your data
deadlights86
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
We have a Verizon broadband to go hotspot and its not terrible but its not good either.
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM

We have mifi through Verizon-  a hotspot. No complaints other than we have limited broadband. We looked into increasing the amount of broadband, but it was pretty pricey. Meanwhile the speeds are fine and the service very good.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM
We have a Verizon hotspot as well. I agree with everything Bmat said! It's also a bit if a pain when they are messing with the towers and everything (including your phone and texting and Internet) just quit for a few hours! It doesn't happen often... It seems like it's only when something big is going on and you need to deal with it. LOL
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Never used it

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I've noticed that  sometimes it just goes. I thought it was something in my computer maybe overheating or something. But I have called verizon if I can't get service and sure enough they were having an "issue."  From what I've heard of other companies, this is not unusual. My sister has cable and it seems to go out from time to time also.

Quoting Saharra: We have a Verizon hotspot as well. I agree with everything Bmat said! It's also a bit if a pain when they are messing with the towers and everything (including your phone and texting and Internet) just quit for a few hours! It doesn't happen often... It seems like it's only when something big is going on and you need to deal with it. LOL

barrelracer1699
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM

When I lived in the boonies of MO, we used Verizon internet. It worked good, only time I had trouble was when my device was acting up. I had the wifi hotspots. 

barrelracer1699
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

They offer an internet though a mifi device, doesn't use any of your cell plan data as it has its own plan.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: I don't think they offer a home internet. You can buy an adapter through them and use your phone internet as an internet hotspot but it will use your data

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)