Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you think I should confront him?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
  • 18 Replies

I've been with my fiance for a long time now and we feel lately like we're in a holding pattern, but I really hadn't questioned it yet because I know tax season is a stressful one for him at work (he's in finance/accounting). Anyway, last night I picked up my tablet to go catch up with "Supernatural" online and when the browser opened, it went to that AshleyMadison site for cheaters? When I looked, I saw that he'd signed up for an account there but it doesn't look like he's done anything with it yet. Should I confront him with what I saw or wait and see if he actually uses the site?

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Only you can decide that. Good luck.

virginiamama71
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM

I would wait. If you say something now he will only deny it, delete it and find another way to do what he was intending to do on this site.

1frog
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Inquire about your relationship, that should tell you where his head is.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Why not ask him whats up? i saw the website, whats up? And let him talk. Dont be jusdgemental, dont lead him, just ask open, honest, unaccusingly to share with you whats up. I dont think secrets like that are good for any relationship.. He needs to be open and honest, 

im sorry. i hope youre not hurting, :(

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I would ask but not ague. Just say you saw it and asked him to explain. You should be able to read his reaction
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Quoting SamMom912:

Why not ask him whats up? i saw the website, whats up? And let him talk. Dont be jusdgemental, dont lead him, just ask open, honest, unaccusingly to share with you whats up. I dont think secrets like that are good for any relationship.. He needs to be open and honest, 

im sorry. i hope youre not hurting, :(

This, although it can be tough to do it calmly

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I would confront him.Dont be accusing just calmly ask him and see what he says

Angelmevans
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I would ask him about it because until you discuss it with him it will drive you crazy.
butzi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Usually, when we talk about confrontation, we are talking about accusation, at least in this context. So sit down with him. Say I opened up the tablet to catch up on my show, and this is what I found. So what's up? If he gets angry or super defensive, or even worse somehow tries to throw it all off on you...well you know where you stand. He probably was planning some shenanigans. Count yourself lucky that you are not already married. Cut your losses. If he responds like a grown up, then work through it.

Quoting momofsixangels:

I would confront him.Dont be accusing just calmly ask him and see what he says

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd set up my own acct, (under a different name) and message him. But then, sometimes I can be like that. 

IMO, when it comes to something like this, there's no good way to bring it up that won't sound accusatory or start an argument.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN