Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I want another baby

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM
  • 21 Replies
Alright, I will try and make the intro. story short, so here it goes.
I'm 22 years old. Stay at home mom.My son is 4 months old this week. My husband and I paid off our truck and our home. I will be going back to school this fall to finish my bachelors degree. I love my beautiful son and amazing husband, I cherish the one on one time I spend with each of them. It is tough living on just my husband's income, since there are so many things we want to do, house projects, go on our honeymoon finally etc. But we do pay our bills on time, we are able to buy groceries and gas when we start running low on either. So obviously life isn't bad for us either.

Alright intro. story over haha here's the concern of mine.

I want to have another baby. My husband and I have been discussing it a little every now and then. My husband is wary of trying to consieve (starting this summer). Reason #1: the two babies would share a room until we move into a larger home (few years down the road.) Reason #2: We live on only his income right now. Reason #3: he is afraid I won't be able to cope with 2 young children, while going back to school.

We want to have at least 2 kids, a max of 4 by the time we are thirty. I just need advice on where I go from here. Is my husband right? Should we wait? Is there any way to make it work (trying for baby #2 this summer)? If there is, how can I convince my husband? What kind of structure do I need to bring to my life and home to make this work? My husbands worries about the topic are starting to make me lose hope in him agreeing to try this summer (he kind of says yes then kind of says no.)
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christywarlow
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Bump
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
You are young. Wait and get yourself financially set and out of school.
You are too much of the entitlement generation. Gotta have it now. I had my first at 30 and owned a house and had savings first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I think if you both aren't sure then it's better to wait at least a little while. Get yourself going with school first, see how that goes and if you think you can throw another child into the mix. It won't be easy for sure and will make things a bit more complicated but many can still handle it. How much longer do you have to go with school before you are done?

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

sarahfaith123
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe better to wait till he's more ready like the following summer or that winter? He seems like he isn't quite ready. The two kids in one room seems ok but when they get older if it's a boy and girl esp like their own . 4 is a nice goal my best friend has 4 but ever thought about loosening up a little on the timeline and definitiveness if everything? It's a lot of pressure to put on yourself and your family especially if you'll be busy with school. I am a planner and goal oriented but with this I'd compromise and let some time pass since your baby is only 4 months and you still young ya know? Welcome to the group
paknari
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I would see how it was going to school with one kid. If it isn't too difficult I would consider it. You don't want to feel resentful because you can't finish school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would see how well school goes right now with one child. Will you be able to cover the medical bills and other bills that come with a second child. The sharing a room wouldn't be to big of adeal for me. I can understand when he wants to wait a little longer.

christywarlow
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
I have about 2 to 3 years left

Quoting funhappymom:

I think if you both aren't sure then it's better to wait at least a little while. Get yourself going with school first, see how that goes and if you think you can throw another child into the mix. It won't be easy for sure and will make things a bit more complicated but many can still handle it. How much longer do you have to go with school before you are done?

christywarlow
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sarahfaith123: Maybe better to wait till he's more ready like the following summer or that winter? He seems like he isn't quite ready. The two kids in one room seems ok but when they get older if it's a boy and girl esp like their own . 4 is a nice goal my best friend has 4 but ever thought about loosening up a little on the timeline and definitiveness if everything? It's a lot of pressure to put on yourself and your family especially if you'll be busy with school. I am a planner and goal oriented but with this I'd compromise and let some time pass since your baby is only 4 months and you still young ya know? Welcome to the group
christywarlow
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM
That's true, :-)

Quoting paknari: I would see how it was going to school with one kid. If it isn't too difficult I would consider it. You don't want to feel resentful because you can't finish school.
christywarlow
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Thanks. :-)

Quoting othermom:

I would see how well school goes right now with one child. Will you be able to cover the medical bills and other bills that come with a second child. The sharing a room wouldn't be to big of adeal for me. I can understand when he wants to wait a little longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN