Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

at a loss

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:28 PM
  • 26 Replies
My oldest son has had two big blowups at school this week. (Like tipping desks over) this is VERY out of character for him. He has NEVER done anything like this before. I don't know what to do
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwriter
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Can he meet with a counselor?
awatson
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I started to look up counselors today, I dontbwant him to see the school counselor she is super weird ( I know that sounds bad but the first time I talked with this lady she says -she loves taking quizzes and tests and thats how she discovered that she has aspbergers because this quiz told since she didn't like tags in her shirts-)
-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM

lol  Seriously, who like tags on their shirt?  That's super weird.  Like I have actually never heard anyone say "I really like my shirt tags.  Love the itchy feeling they give me."  lol  Sorry, ot. 

I would try to find a therapist that he can talk to.  Have there been any changes at home?  Is someone bullying him at school?

Quoting awatson: I started to look up counselors today, I dontbwant him to see the school counselor she is super weird ( I know that sounds bad but the first time I talked with this lady she says -she loves taking quizzes and tests and thats how she discovered that she has aspbergers because this quiz told since she didn't like tags in her shirts-)

paintitblack0
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:53 PM

any changes at home? What does he say?

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Is he on any medication (including antibiotics)? Have there been any changes?
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:31 AM

did you simply ask what set him off?  hormones/puberty?

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Huh, I've hated that itchy feeling for years...and to think, I've been functioning as a normal person....**head slap**

Quoting -PB:

lol  Seriously, who like tags on their shirt?  That's super weird.  Like I have actually never heard anyone say "I really like my shirt tags.  Love the itchy feeling they give me."  lol  Sorry, ot. 

I would try to find a therapist that he can talk to.  Have there been any changes at home?  Is someone bullying him at school?

Quoting awatson: I started to look up counselors today, I dontbwant him to see the school counselor she is super weird ( I know that sounds bad but the first time I talked with this lady she says -she loves taking quizzes and tests and thats how she discovered that she has aspbergers because this quiz told since she didn't like tags in her shirts-)

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Therapy maybe?

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM

How old is your son? Any new changes at home? Is he having problems with another student in school? Sudden change in behavior like that would usually indicate something is going on that he is having trouble dealing with.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:32 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN