Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

question... Please help

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM
  • 15 Replies
I'm not sure where to go for advice so I figured I'd start here. My older sister had a miscarriage in January and ever since then she has had non stop vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness and major discomfort. We have been to 2 doctors and just spent 9 hours in the er for them to send her home with no answers. When she had the miscarriage she was only a few weeks pregnant and didn't even know yet. I have 2 kids and one on the way so I was thinking she is pregnant again because of her symptoms but after many different test at the er today we know she isn't. What can it be? Thank you all for your advice!!
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana776
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Did she have a D&C after the miscarriage? I would go see the gynocologist and make sure everything is ok in that area.

krenae
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM
She did not have one the dr said it wasn't necessary because she was only a few weeks. They did ultrasounds today and said everything in that area looks good. She just can't keep anything down. Not even water. And the pain in her lower abdomen is so painful for her.
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:13 AM

left or right lower abdomen? Right side could be appendix. Is she having fevers? Has she peed on a stick? Has she had a period since the miscarriage?

Have her see a gyn.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I'm sorry, I have no clue. I hope she is able to get some answers though. That would be worrisome.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Have they checked for infection from the MC? It can happen.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I agree an infection, or something totally different going on just after her MC. Keep going back! Don't let them blow her off!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Sounds like a infection or appendix hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I was thinking maybe gall bladder. I wouldn't necessarily think infection unless she has a fever.

I hope it hets figured out and your sister feels better soon.

bluestreak35
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Have they done an MRI of her abdominal region. I would go in and demand that.

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I agree with infection.She should see another dr. I would  want a second opinion as far as a d and c

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)