Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anyone use Cetaphil Cleanser for lice? Going CRAZY!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have two girls10 and 12. This is the first time they have gotten lice. I was mortified and have been SO frustrated trying to rid of it. I used RID and NIX twice on them. I used in the correct way and spent hours getting rid of eggs. I washed bed clothes and their clothes in hot water, bagged up their stuffed animals, vacuumed everything! I treTed myself too and my husband just shaved his head...he wears his hair short anyway. Then, my oldest daughter still had live lice. I then used a prescription on her (which I really didn't want to, but I didn't know what else to do). Still had lice! I just want to cry! I called the girls nurse and she sai to use Cetaphil Cleanser. I read very carefully how to do it and it was a nightmare. The cleanser was like combing glue through her hair? It took 2 hours to blow dry her hair. Has anyone had this experience????   :-(

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I have not personally, this was the first time I have heard of it, then I went here and saw instructions under Nix treatment failures

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/medical-conditions/symptom-index/lice/

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Did you remember to clean the car? That seems to be the place most people forget to clean and Lice can hang out there till someone gets back in the car and hitch a ride back into the house.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM
You have to sit and pick out the nits. It is time consuming and usually not a one night job and my dd has super short hair even.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I've never used that. Very frustrating.

williams81209
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM
My lil sis has caught it from school several times my mom found this trick online it works every time for her. You soak hair in vinegar then place a shower cap on hair to hold everything in and rinse and comb I believe. it doesn't smell the greatest obviously but, it works
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Did you treat the seats in the car and furniture?

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Hmm never dealt with lice hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Sorry you are going through this. I have never heard of using Cetaphil.

Rene66
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Did you remember to clean the car? That seems to be the place most people forget to clean and Lice can hang out there till someone gets back in the car and hitch a ride back into the house.

Yep, I vacuumed the car, the couches, couch pillows etc.

Kimsundaram
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:27 PM
It's the only thing I've found that works just wash the hair like crazy with it and comb it out I've effectively used it two times with differnt outbreaks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN