Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need a break

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
Thinking of going to work again so I can get a break. I c my husband get home from work n he's 'done' for day. I wanna b done too! I wake up every 2-3 hrs every night to nurse my almost 1yr old. Where's my break? When I ask him to rock her to sleep on a night he doesn't have to work next day he tells me to do it cause he's tired from work! I'm so sad cause I want to return to work for the wrong reasons. I just want to b able to come home n say 'I worked n I'm tired' as if I'm not tired from my work now?! So does anyone have stories to share to make me feel better or advice on how to get my husband to volunteer help w his own child? Tx.
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Your husband isn't going to change, if you go back to work you will just come home and work another shift! Your little girl doesn't need to eat every 2 to 3 hours all night long honey! You need your sleep. you are sleep deprived! And you need to go out and leave him with the baby at least once a week. You can try couples counseling, maybe that will get through to him...or, go back to work and hire someone to help with the housework :-)

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:51 AM
I agree with this.

I work and I don't get a break either. Just because I work doesn't mean things magically get done

Quoting Lindalou907:

Your husband isn't going to change, if you go back to work you will just come home and work another shift! Your little girl doesn't need to eat every 2 to 3 hours all night long honey! You need your sleep. you are sleep deprived! And you need to go out and leave him with the baby at least once a week. You can try couples counseling, maybe that will get through to him...or, go back to work and hire someone to help with the housework :-)

emmy526
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Also, don't be under the delusion that if you go back to work dh is just going to start 'magically pitching in', because that is not how it works.  Sounds to me like he's the kind of guy who'll turn around and tell you, 'Well, you wanted to go back to work, so you can figure out how to make everything work out between child care and housecleaning because i'm too tired at the end of the day'....prepare for that.  Either way, it sounds as tho your man is selfish, and immature. 

ajrjj05
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:19 AM
I get told it is my job to care for the kids. He never helps me with bed time routine
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You should have some time off every week, even if you need to hire a sitter. Saturday morning,  some afternoon, some evening, you should be able to walk out the door and just relax, or even just go to your bedroom and relax.  Your job right now is 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You should have a few hours off. Nursing moms are restricted somewhat since they need to be with the baby, but you can work around this.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:44 AM
You picked the wrong guy to have a kid with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

That is frustrating that he is not willing to help. Maybe find a baby sitter for a few hours a week or a month to get out for a  bit to get a break. Or you can do what I have done in the past, I walked over handed the baby to my husband, told him your turn and went and did something

Moneylove14
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Ty for ur advice. He knows when he's wrong n he admitted it on his own today. I took my break n got my mani n pedi n then home n watched my DVR show. I am going to get help w housecleaning n go to gym when I want n do 'here's the baby' n just go. Today is a better day. N my girl needs not to nurse at night but I would rather nurse then hear her cry. I'm just too tired. It's a catch 22 so soon enough I will have to cut that night habit. Smh. Not looking forward to this. I wish she magically slept thru the night. I wish. Again, Ty all vry much for input. It did make me feel better. I needed that. Hope u all r having a gd day.
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Quoting Lindalou907:

I agree,Going back to work is just going to make more work for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)