Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

depression/ what??

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM
  • 16 Replies
Ok so here is a summary. My fiance works out of town. He can be gone 10 days and or just 4 maybe longer. But as soon as he leaves I get unmotivated. All I want to do is lay around the house. And we also have a 2 year old. I really don't know what my problem is. I want to be motivated and do things very bad but it never really happens. And I get aggravated very easily with the LO and I really don't understand. I kinda have a feeling it is my age, considering I'm about to be 21 and don't have alot of patients but then again sometimes I do. And I'm only a stay at home mom but also looking for a job and have found nothing yet.... Some answers or just advice would really help. Thanks ladies
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM

It could be depression or lonliness. Try to find something you can do to get out of the house

waddellfamily
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Well j would love to go places more often but unfortunately the transmission in our truck is starting to slip. So I'm really not trying to drive it as much.

Quoting othermom:

It could be depression or lonliness. Try to find something you can do to get out of the house

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Are any places close enough to walk to. Maybe go to the park, see if there are any other local kids events where you can maybe meet other parents with kids

Quoting waddellfamily: Well j would love to go places more often but unfortunately the transmission in our truck is starting to slip. So I'm really not trying to drive it as much.
Quoting othermom:

waddellfamily
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Again unfortunately no. I kinda live no where close enough to walk anywhere. But where I live no one meets up bc they don't trust anyone..

Quoting othermom:

Are any places close enough to walk to. Maybe go to the park, see if there are any other local kids events where you can maybe meet other parents with kids

Quoting waddellfamily: Well j would love to go places more often but unfortunately the transmission in our truck is starting to slip. So I'm really not trying to drive it as much.
Quoting othermom:

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Do you have any friends or family near?

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Go for a walk or exercise in your home.

Get the truck fixed.

Get the help of a doctor if you can't help your own depression with exercise, sleep and eating well. If you miss someone that much, it isn't emotionally healthy IMO. Your child comes first and you need to be emotionally healthy to raise him or her well.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Make plans 4 u and tot to do before he leaves... It gives you a plan before hand so you aren't wandering aimlessly as soon as you say good byes. Maybe seeing a list will help you get motivated. Some of us NEED to have things to " check off ".

It isn 't you're age, tots are just .... Trying. They actually teach you to be patient with them and learn to be patient with yourself and self control.

As we enter spring, try scheduling two park visits a week whether SO is home or not. It's just routine. Run time for tot and much needed vit D for mom. Much needed cheerfulness between mom and tot.

Sure, you have the blues , it's been a crappy winter and says good bye so frequently to you love is pretty rough.

A schedule that you can look at may really help someone in your situation. Including scheduled playtimes with and for your tot.

Good luck !
waddellfamily
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM
IMO?? But we are financially struggling right now bc he has put a lot into the truck. And I was on antidepressants which worked well for me they were celxa. But i have stopped taking them for 2 months now bc he does not believe in medication making you feel better. But I have not had a great child hood. I'm going to come out and say it. I was molested for 10 yrs it stopped when I was 16 and that's when I met my fiance. But have not gone and talked to anyone yet. But I was taking the antidepressants and kiloipin which is considered a zanex. And it did help but then I was working too. I would really like to talk to him about it but scared to. I do not have insurance so going to see a Dr will be expensive too. I have been drinking about every night to keep me calm..

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Get the truck fixed.

Get the help of a doctor if you can't help your own depression with exercise, sleep and eating well. If you miss someone that much, it isn't emotionally healthy IMO. Your child comes first and you need to be emotionally healthy to raise him or her well.

waddellfamily
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Please read my last comment

Quoting Momofmenagerie: Make plans 4 u and tot to do before he leaves... It gives you a plan before hand so you aren't wandering aimlessly as soon as you say good byes. Maybe seeing a list will help you get motivated. Some of us NEED to have things to " check off ".

It isn 't you're age, tots are just .... Trying. They actually teach you to be patient with them and learn to be patient with yourself and self control.

As we enter spring, try scheduling two park visits a week whether SO is home or not. It's just routine. Run time for tot and much needed vit D for mom. Much needed cheerfulness between mom and tot.

Sure, you have the blues , it's been a crappy winter and says good bye so frequently to you love is pretty rough.

A schedule that you can look at may really help someone in your situation. Including scheduled playtimes with and for your tot.

Good luck !
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are struggling financially. Are you saying you are scared to talk to your husband about being molested? If so I'm so sorry. I'm also sorry to hear that your husband doesn't believe in medication. You KNOW it helps you so that's all you need to know.

The fact that you have no insurance now is scary. I'm not sure what health care is available to you but some research on that could help you and your child. *HUGS*

I'm sure you know "self medicating" with alcohol a depressant for depression isn't a good idea.

Quoting waddellfamily: IMO?? But we are financially struggling right now bc he has put a lot into the truck. And I was on antidepressants which worked well for me they were celxa. But i have stopped taking them for 2 months now bc he does not believe in medication making you feel better. But I have not had a great child hood. I'm going to come out and say it. I was molested for 10 yrs it stopped when I was 16 and that's when I met my fiance. But have not gone and talked to anyone yet. But I was taking the antidepressants and kiloipin which is considered a zanex. And it did help but then I was working too. I would really like to talk to him about it but scared to. I do not have insurance so going to see a Dr will be expensive too. I have been drinking about every night to keep me calm..
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Get the truck fixed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)