Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Our first fun run! Pix

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:45 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

*Btw, can we add how awesome this is to just add our pix directly to the post?! Yesssss!! ;)

Anyway. Our first family fun run. 2 miles, the Ferndale Foggy Bottoms Milk Run.

My 7yo and I ran most of the time, surprisingly.

The 5yo and daddy started out strong then pooped out. :) They came in about 10 minutes later than us.

The kids did better than I thought and they loved it. We ran our little hearts out. It was pouring rain. We came home, got changed and warm, then went to dinner.

Wonderful time, we can't wait to do it again!! :)
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Mobile Photo

This one doesn't look so distorted. :/
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM
This is so great, congrats to all of you! My 6yo wants to start running some races this summer and fall, so I'm going to try and "train" with him once the snow melts. We'll see how it goes.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Thank you! Dh and I are both active, as are the girls. Not in this context. But it wasn't much to 'train' for thankfully. They've started walking with me, and this went really well. 2 miles goes by really fast!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: This is so great, congrats to all of you! My 6yo wants to start running some races this summer and fall, so I'm going to try and "train" with him once the snow melts. We'll see how it goes.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I found these on the site...
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM
That sounds like a really manageable distance, but still a great accomplishment for the girls. :) We are also fairly active as a family, so I think that running/walking a particular race that's a 5k should be good by the time fall rolls around. And we have our eye on a couple of shorter fun runs before that.

Will you do any more family races, do you think?

Quoting AM-BRAT: Thank you! Dh and I are both active, as are the girls. Not in this context. But it wasn't much to 'train' for thankfully. They've started walking with me, and this went really well. 2 miles goes by really fast!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: This is so great, congrats to all of you! My 6yo wants to start running some races this summer and fall, so I'm going to try and "train" with him once the snow melts. We'll see how it goes.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM
I think we will!

I was just looking at the upcoming races, and one in particular is striking me. It's called the dash of color run. If it is what I think the girls will BE THERE! They were asking the whole way down to this one, to do a color run! It's a 5k, 3.1 miles.

I know the kids will balk since the 5yo basically died on the way home, but the color should help! :))

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: That sounds like a really manageable distance, but still a great accomplishment for the girls. :) We are also fairly active as a family, so I think that running/walking a particular race that's a 5k should be good by the time fall rolls around. And we have our eye on a couple of shorter fun runs before that.

Will you do any more family races, do you think?

Quoting AM-BRAT: Thank you! Dh and I are both active, as are the girls. Not in this context. But it wasn't much to 'train' for thankfully. They've started walking with me, and this went really well. 2 miles goes by really fast!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Awesome! Glad you had fun!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Shameless morning you know what.  :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Thanks we did! Nobody's too beat up, either I don't think lol. Poor dh had done a huge side-job climbing/ cutting big trees sat, then was expected to run sun. He hasn't done so for a very long time. He survived though! :)

Quoting ceciliam:

Awesome! Glad you had fun!

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
How fun!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN