Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food diary for a 5yo...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm so bummed. My 5yo lovebug (er, turdbird) has recently had strange belly pains.

The first time, it lasted more than a week. Complaints of hurting. Whimpering, moaning, knee tucking, etc.

No fever, vomitting, diarrhea. Nothing.

Finally took her to the doc so the doc would tell her she's fine. Which she did. (and suggested probiotics)

Then this monday, it happened again. She didn't want breakfast, fell asleep at aftercare then fell asleep at home while I made dinner. Ate an apple and gogurt that day, that's it.

At least I was able to to kinda narrow it down, the day before on sunday we had ran two miles in a fun run then went out to eat. We had things like fries and calamari. I imagine it was ultimately the grease. We're not generally greasy eaters.

Anyway she's back to totally fine now! Woke up happier than ever, ate her breakfast, read me some books before school- but I'm still gonna do this.

I'm praying I don't have to do an elimination diet that would SUCK. For now we'll just see what triggers her. Poor thing.  :(

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Tummy issues suck. I seem to remember my daughter going through something similar at that age. It just stopped after awhile, but I was on the verge of cutting things out.
Could she be dehydrated? Do you think she gets enough water?
I hope this also just magically stops for her, as well. No fun.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Any stress???

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Poor sweetie.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Thank you. :)

She's actually a REALLY good water drinker.

Quoting iamcafemom83: Tummy issues suck. I seem to remember my daughter going through something similar at that age. It just stopped after awhile, but I was on the verge of cutting things out.
Could she be dehydrated? Do you think she gets enough water?
I hope this also just magically stops for her, as well. No fun.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Not that I know of.

We have an intact family, no marital issues, no new baby, no house moving, no school issues.

She has normal 5yo problems I guess. Homework, just learning to read, mastering her bike without training wheels.

Quoting atlmom2:

Any stress???

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:08 AM
I know, thank you. :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

Poor sweetie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)