Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get past this jealousy?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

DH and I have a good marriage and I trust him completely, but lately I've been battling intense jealousy whenever he's with this one coworker of his. She's young, blonde, pretty... She's also engaged to a friend of DH's from high school so they come over sometimes to hang out.

I know there's nothing going on between them other than friendship, nor would there ever be, so how do I overcome the jealousy that flares?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raindelay
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I think I would try to get to know her better. Sometimes at a distance a woman can seem so perfect but once you get to know them and see they have flaws too, you realize they are not much different than you. I remember feeling jealous of another woman but later I realized she had a big nose. It may sound silly but just me noticing that made me feel like ok she has some imperfections too. You may find that while she is younger, it also means she is not quite as mature as you and your DH is probably more attracted to you because you are an intelligent and mature woman

It is also possible that by getting to know her that you can become friends with her and not think of her as the enemy anymore. And just know that all of us have felt this jealousy at some point but you can find a way to get past it.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Talk to your dh about your feelings

-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Quoting atlmom2: Counseling.

strictmomhere
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Be open about your feelings :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Work on your self-esteem. Maybe try counseling for yourself
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)