Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update...Very bottom of my abdomen is swollen, is there anything that could be causing this other than pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

And before any of you ask, no, it's not gas lol. There has been a strip all the way from hip to hip from the top of my pubic bone to about an inch above it that has been hard for about a week now. It doesn't move or change, so not gas. Last night I noticed I've developed a bit of a bulge there too that is seperate from the general unlost baby weight bulge higher up lol. I have a copper IUD that I have had for 4 years, and I was always irregular before, but  since the IUD, i have been getting more regular and closer together. About the past year, my periods have been right around 30 days apart, plus or minus a day or 2. My last 2 were a little late and very light. The last one was basically 3 days of spotting and one day of what I would consider light period bleeding. This one is already 4 days late and no signs of it starting in the next day or 2. My being irregular could just be from stress, but I can't think of anything else that could be causing the bulge. I'm worried about being pregnant because of the IUD, but I had fertility problems with both of my kids, many many false hpt's, so I'm trying to figure out if something else could be going on before i get myself worried more and my husband worried and go buy a test. I really, REALLY appreciate any advice you ladies could give me, thanks.

Well, the home pregnancy test came back negative, but I'm still not sure what to think. I heard something about false negative results later in pregnancy, because the hcg levels drop and can't be detected in urine any more. Do any of you know anything about that? If my last 2 "periods" weren't really periods, I would be about 15 or 16 weeks now.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Since it is something different, and you are concerned, go ahead and make an appointment with your doctor and get it checked. Please let us know when you find out?

katie_c25
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I don't have insurance right now. I applied but still waiting to hear back or I would have.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I hope you can get to a dr soon if not go to er.They will have to see you and once your insurance kicks in it might pay it from 3 months back

katie_c25
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I'm going to take a test if my period hasn't shown up in another week then go from there. Was just kinda hoping someone would have an idea of something else that could be going on that I didn't think of so I could stop worrying until then lol. I tend to worry alot, and see symptoms when there aren't really any other than just random coincidences.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Constipation?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Are you having any pain with it?

katie_c25
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Not having any pain, that's the weird part lol.

othermom
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM

No idea. I would go to the doctor

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM
First things first, take a test and rule out pregnancy. A friend of my mom's had an iud in, got pregnant with it in, and it caused her to have a stroke. You need to know asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie_c25
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Well, I bought a test today, will be taking it first thing in the morning. As for the risk of stroke with IUD, i think that is more with the hormone ones than copper, but still plenty of complications if it comes out positive. Hoping for a negative because of that, but don't think I'm going to get it. Thank you all for your advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)