Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

10 month old sleeping issues

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
From 3-6 months my daughter slept amazing - never was a mapper but at least slept thought the night...from 6 months on, she wakes up soooo much! And now it's like every hour. Our pediatrician Suggested the cry it out method. I've tried it (somewhat) but she gets so upset and pukes etc...when she cries at night, sometimes she takes the bottle but most of the time she just crawls up on me and falls right back to sleep. So comfort I guess? I am shot! I literally get about 1.5 hours tops at a clip. Any advice?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preemiemom45
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Bump for you. I have no advice, sorry!

My DD is around the same age and is starting to wake up once at night. I know I've been spoiled with her sleeping through the night (usually 9:30-6:30) but since she goes to bed so late it's hard to get up with her in the middle of the night.
rgba
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I had the same issues. Now he is in bed with me and sleeping beautifully :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaimegurl23
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Same with her! I was letting her sleep with me but I'm afraid she will fall off the bed
buttersworth
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM

well. I went through this with every one of my kids at one point or other, and still am.

it seems that sleep issues are just another one of those phases that come and go. it's not a phase, usually that gets resolved and then stays like that, sorry to say.

in a couple weeks or months she could start sleeping again but you could experience sleep difficulties, let's say, when she's 3 yrs old and starts being afraid of monsters or shadows.

we let out kids sleep with us. we had to. it was the only way we'd get any sleep.

at some point, we'd put 'em back in their crib or bed, and they'd wake up again. I got tired of the back and forth of this all night, and really , you feel squished especially if you have a kicker, but you grab sleep any way you can.

eventually they grow out of it. My 13 year old has been sleeping in her own bed totally since she was 7, and mostly by the time she was 5.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Co-sleep/bed share.  This is not abnormal behavior.  Patterns change all the time in the first 2 years of life.  This is one of hers.  Just gotta roll with it until it passes.

mckinneymom918
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM
My 18 month old still gets up. Every night. She sleeps with us, or we'd all be up all night.
Jaimegurl23
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Sounds dumb but aren't u afraid of them rolling off?
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a very uneducated dr. Pretty normal for sleep patterns to change over the next 2 years. We co sleep.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:56 AM

We bed share too. I think my daughter had 1-2 good months of sleeping though the night when she was a baby.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:08 AM

SEPARATION ANXIETY or teething.  Give her your sleep shirt so she has Mommy scent for comfort.  Feel around in her mouth for teeth and then give her something to mouth (find the hard plastic teething rings that you can freeze).  Whether she is much of a napper or not, babies that age NEED their nap so get a sleep schedule going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN