Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How often do you see your in-laws?

I know some people love their in-laws, some people hate them, and some have a love/hate relationship.  So, how often do you see yours?  Do you get along?

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Replies (131-135):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:03 PM

That really stinks that he isn't as open to your family as you obviously are to his.  Hugs to you. 

Quoting aurorabear:

We get along very well. They live about 2 hours away and we spend at least a full weekend there a month. At the very least....... yes..... its to much. We were at their house for 2 WEEKS for Christmas. I love them... but honestly. My parents live..... an hour away and he never will go stay with them. Its bull crap. He has met them literally 5 times in the 4 years we have been together. 

facethetruth2b
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:59 AM
I see my in laws once every week . They call me every two days to just to say hi and talk to their grand babies . I see them and we have a lot of get togethers . I see my own parents less then maybe once a month if that sometimes and maybe talk to them on them phone once every other week unless they need something . And they live about 6 miles away from us . My in laws live about 3 miles away from us . I get along with my in laws way better then my own parents . I live myprents and would love to have a close relationship with them . But my mom when I go see her has her face buried in a book or on her tablet playing games . I am closer to my in laws then with my own parents. I am even closer to my sister in law then my own two sisters . I speak to my in laws more then my hubby does to them and his sister . He is okay with his in laws but they are not close like I am with his parents . Because my parents usually only call when they need something not to check on their grandchildren or me just when they need to borrow money .
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM

While that stinks about your parents I am glad you get along so well with your in-laws.  That is nice to have that bond. 

Quoting facethetruth2b: I see my in laws once every week . They call me every two days to just to say hi and talk to their grand babies . I see them and we have a lot of get togethers . I see my own parents less then maybe once a month if that sometimes and maybe talk to them on them phone once every other week unless they need something . And they live about 6 miles away from us . My in laws live about 3 miles away from us . I get along with my in laws way better then my own parents . I live myprents and would love to have a close relationship with them . But my mom when I go see her has her face buried in a book or on her tablet playing games . I am closer to my in laws then with my own parents. I am even closer to my sister in law then my own two sisters . I speak to my in laws more then my hubby does to them and his sister . He is okay with his in laws but they are not close like I am with his parents . Because my parents usually only call when they need something not to check on their grandchildren or me just when they need to borrow money .

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I get along better with FIL than MIL.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

That is nice you get to see them so often.  Do you get along well with them?

Quoting aj_mom:

About once a week for MIL and FIL.

littlemrsd
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, he cut contact with them in September & he is doing so much better.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yikes, that doesn't sound good.  Is your DH in agreement or do you still have to see them?

Quoting littlemrsd:

Never would be to soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)