Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How often do you see your parents?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM
  • 217 Replies

I asked about in-laws in the other post, so how often do you see your own parents?  Does your spouse get along with your folks?

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmfanfgljf
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I haven't seen my mother in almost 2 years, and I saw my father in November after not seeing him for over 3 years, we see my inlaws every day.

mom2ryneandsam
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I see my mom once a yr, we are in different states, I haven't seen my dad since I was 3 and I'm now 36

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM

It was 2 years until she came out for dd's birthday this past week.  Dad tries to come out every 6 months or so if he can handle it. 

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM

My Mom lives like 6 blocks away, so pretty much daily or every other day and talk like every day.  My father was scum and is dead and I cut ties with him back when I was in middle school.  My in-laws mean well but arent very dependable overall because they put work before family most of the time so I may see/speak with them every other month or so.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM

We see my mom about once a week. We talk every day on the phone. My dad died almost 5 years ago and I still miss him like crazy. DH has not talked to or seen his father in years. His mother died when he was 3. He said his father physically and emotionally abuse him and his brother. He got out right before he turned 18.

rocamom
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM
At least once a month. They live a little far. But they lime to see my kids every month.
offrdngal
by Terri on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:20 AM
My dad passed away in 2009. I haven't talked to my mother since the.

ZoeCY
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I see my mom at least a few times a week usually, my dad maybe once or twice a week because he works crazy hours. In laws we see once a week. My husband gets along with my family better than be does his own.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:24 AM
They live less than 5 minutes away and we see them several times a week at least.
mlg1989
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I see my dad about once a week(he lives about 5 minutes away). I try to visit my moms grave at least once or twice a year to clean it and give her flowers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)