Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Teen sleepovers with their bf's / gf's?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:43 AM
  • 444 Replies

My sister just told me that she has started allowing her 16 yr old daughter's boyfriend to sleep over in her bed on weekends.  Personally I don't have a problem with it but my sister's ex is making a stink.  Anyone else been through this?

by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatiana7
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope don't do it
kbutton24
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:50 AM
6 moms liked this

I slept over my high school sweetheart's once in high school and that was prom night. My mom was not happy about it, so my bf's mom guaranteed we would be in different rooms which of course never happened. I personally wouldn't allow it. DD can do whatever she wants when she turns 18, but until one it's a big no.

KawfeeKathy63
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:51 AM
8 moms liked this

I think it all depends on the parent's comfort level, how long they have been together and how serious the relationship is.  I do allow it with mine but every parent has to make their own decisions on what they allow and don't allow.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:14 AM
24 moms liked this
Hell no. My 20 yo doesn't sleep with her boyfriend in our home let alone teens. We taught abstinence until after HS and it worked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kman88
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:19 AM

It depends. My dd is 6 months so I have along time until I reach that bridge but when I was 16-17 I was staying the night at my boyfriends (he had his own place) I started off lying to my parents that I was staying elsewhere so it was happening regaurdless of what my parents thought. They eventually found out and realized there was nothing they could do to stop it. They very rarely if ever let him stay at our house though.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM
9 moms liked this
Never would happen here.
Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I was allowed to when I was a teenager, but I will not allow that with my kids

kiwiskiwi29
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:45 AM
21 moms liked this

No way. My kids will never be allowed to sleep in the same bed with anyone in our home unless they're married to them. That wouldn't be allowed in our house ever.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:46 AM

How old are you now? Are you still with the boy you were sleeping with at 16?

Quoting kman88:

It depends. My dd is 6 months so I have along time until I reach that bridge but when I was 16-17 I was staying the night at my boyfriends (he had his own place) I started off lying to my parents that I was staying elsewhere so it was happening regaurdless of what my parents thought. They eventually found out and realized there was nothing they could do to stop it. They very rarely if ever let him stay at our house though.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Can you expand on that?

Quoting Pukalani79:

I was allowed to when I was a teenager, but I will not allow that with my kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)