Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Teen sleepovers with their bf's / gf's?

Posted by   + Show Post

My sister just told me that she has started allowing her 16 yr old daughter's boyfriend to sleep over in her bed on weekends.  Personally I don't have a problem with it but my sister's ex is making a stink.  Anyone else been through this?

by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Replies (441-444):
Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Boy/girl sleep over ended when the kids turned 10.

No boyfriends or girlfriends staying the night.

Quoting JanetR74:

My sister just told me that she has started allowing her 16 yr old daughter's boyfriend to sleep over in her bed on weekends.  Personally I don't have a problem with it but my sister's ex is making a stink.  Anyone else been through this?

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Oh no not in the same bed
shakesrear
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:08 AM

I mean what you say, not the data. Teen pregnancy has been on a downward trend for the last few decades.

Quoting JC2223:

What is laughable about that data?

Quoting shakesrear:

Quoting JC2223:

Unmarried teens being given permission to sleep with each other in their parents homes? No wonder why teens today have no ethics or morals and the teen pregnancy rate is still so high! 

No, just NO!

Things like this make me laugh. Look at the data:

http://www.childtrends.org/?indicators=teen-pregnancy

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Where did I say it was on the rise? I still don't see what is so laughable about the teen pregnancy rate being so high. Just because it's lower than a few years ago doesn't mean it's still not high. Especially if you consider the changes in birth control availability in the last couple of decades. Two decades ago you had to go to a pharmacist for condoms, now you can buy them EVERYWHERE! 2-3 decades ago you had to see your doctor with your parents permission to get birth control pills, now they have clinics teens can go to without their parents even knowing. Two decades ago there wasn't a birth control patch, or a shot, or the many other choices that are out there today and so easily obtained. With as many forms of birth control choices there are today and how readily available and easily accessible they are, the rates should not be that high. There shouldn't be a slow decline in the numbers over decades of time, it should be a sharp decline. So again...what is so laughable?

Besides, anyone with any small amount of knowledge about statistics, data surveys and charts knows how they are skewed and not accurate at all!

Quoting shakesrear:

I mean what you say, not the data. Teen pregnancy has been on a downward trend for the last few decades.

Quoting JC2223:

What is laughable about that data?

Quoting shakesrear:

Quoting JC2223:

Unmarried teens being given permission to sleep with each other in their parents homes? No wonder why teens today have no ethics or morals and the teen pregnancy rate is still so high! 

No, just NO!

Things like this make me laugh. Look at the data:

http://www.childtrends.org/?indicators=teen-pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN