Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should PMS be a reason for a woman to be a b****?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 38 Replies

So I'm at work today and this coworker of mine starts slamming stuff around on the desk, muttering under her breath and everything. She gets up and snatches a pen right out of my hand and marches back to her desk and starts writing. I get up and ask her why she took my pen right out of my hand, I was using it, and she says, "I can't ever find a friggin thing around here, that's why!" I ask, "Why didn't you just ASK if I had a pen you could borrow? Why did you take the one out of my hand as I was writing?" She replies, "Oh, I'm just PMSing, don't mind me!" and laughs it off.

I don't think it's funny. I think it's incredibly rude and unprofessional, not to mention really lame to blame her bad behavior on PMS. Should PMS ever be a valid reason for a woman to act like that?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cueballsmom
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Negatory. Id be advising the boss on her behavior. Pms is no reason to create a hostile work environment. Id say it with those words too, those are lawsuit grou ds, lol.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 5:27 PM
No!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM

That's not called PMS, that's called chemically imbalanced.  Talk to the boss.  She needs medication for that.

Thelmama
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:01 PM

No, pms or not, I acted like an adult.  It is no excuse in my opinion.

mom2rhea-ann
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Nope!! I am a bitch all the time...Lol However I do have manners and would have NEVER done that. That is just rude and uncalled for. Period..(no pun intended)

mommy2zbg
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Some stuff I think can be blamed on PMS but something like that is uncalled for. I don't think that is a valid reason for her acting the way she is.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Yeah, that's not okay.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Is she always like this or is she just obviously having a bad day. If it's unusual for her then I would let it go and try not to judge because you never know what might be going on. If it's an all the time thing the maybe you should speak with a higher up.

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM

No way

ZamilyMom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM

No!  Women who use that as an excuse make things so much harder for the rest of us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN