Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

FUMING mad...what would you ladies do?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

DD, 5, got off the bus crying today. I mean hysterical, unconsolable crying. This isn't the first time it's happened. The neighbor girl, who's 6, has been telling the bus driver that dd hit her, and today it was that she scratched her. DD isn't doing these things.  I'm not saying she's the perfect angel...because I know she's not, but I also know my kid well enough to know that when she gets that upset that she's not lying. They have usually worked it out on their own because it's just small quarrels. Nothing like today ever..but I'm not about to let it keep happening. They have a very rocky relationship. Things like "no, I'm prettier" and so on. Girls being dramatic? Probably...but something has always felt off with this girl. DD swears up and down that this little girl pushed her off of their trampoline one day, and the same little girl threw her leap-pad across the room (she got sent home for that one). I'm going to talk to dh about all of this tonight and try to cool off (because if I go over now, I'm not going to be nice), but what would you ladies do? I'm really tempted to pull her off the bus and make her a car rider from now on. I feel like this is somewhat running from the problem though. This little girl told dd that they couldn't be friends anymore and that she was never speaking to her again the other day (as well as on many other occasions) and DD came home unbelievably upset...and then the little girl just walked in 5 minutes later (WALKED IN TO MY HOUSE no knocking, no nothing) and even though dh told her she couldn't be here, she kept walking upstairs saying "I just need to tell K sorry"...umm, no that's not flying. We told you you couldn't be here and you still walk in anyway.

Would you ladies pull your dd off the bus? Would you bring it to the schools attention or settle it yourself since you're neighbors? I don't think this little girl is saying anything to her parents about any of it. I never thought I'd have to keep dd from a friendship but this one just isn't going to work.

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sexy_lil_momma
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Yes i would and i would also have a talk with the girls parents
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

As soon as she walked into our place uninvited, I would have walked her over to her house and let the parents know.  I think it is better to work it out for better or worse with the other family out of school.   If the negative behavior continues at school then i would try to set up a meeting with the adults involved there.

sierra5625
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I think first I would talk to her parents and the school before I pulled her off the bus.
1frog
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Yes, I'd take her off the bus, let the other kid be the one to get in trouble, as she'll probably find someone else to pick on. This is probably the best way to keep your dd out of trouble and from getting hurt. I'd have a talk with the other parents, but depending on how close you are and what they actually believe or not about their child, it may not go well.I've had someone slam a door on me when I tried to talk to them about their ds. I think there may be something else going on other than girl drama, never had a girl, but I think 5-6 is a little young yet. I think separation for a while is best, no matter what is decided tonight, and when they play together, make sure an adult is supervising within sight. Are they in the same class at school? Recess, lunch times, anything?

tn_a_handsome_boy.jpg

anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM
We had the same thing (basically) happier with our daughter (8) and the neighborhood girl (11). My daughter would bend over backwards toward this lying, manipulative girl. We TRIED talking to her mother, but her mother caused MORE drama than her daughter but it was amongst the adults! Their WHOLE FAMILY were drama queens! We eventually told our daughter that she could not play with said girl. When the mother came over FURIOUS I simply told her that in life, sometimes people could not get along and our daughters were one if them. (Again, this is after MANY attempts at reconciliation.)

After I told the girls mother that our daughters could not be friends, she told mutual friends that I sunbathed topless in our backyard all the time. Um, no. The rest of the neighborhood got a good laugh at that! Like I said, drama tends to run in their family!
anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Also, I would not pull her off the bus (bc that would be a PAIN), but see if the driver could keep them separated.
Malayahsmom06
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM
If you have the option to pick her up, I would. And, that little girl wouldn't be welcome to come play anymore.
-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Have you talked to the bus driver?  I would actually start there.  I would ask that they not be permitted to sit near each other on the bus.  If you've already done that and it didn't work then I would talk to this little girl's parents.  I would also not permit them to play together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN