Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Easter basket ideas for an 8 year old boy?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:35 AM
  • 36 Replies

If you have older boys what are you putting in their Easter Baskets?

I stay away from candy and only do one chocolate bunny.

I'm looking for some new creative ideas.

holding easter egg

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loveforhope518
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:48 AM

HI!!!!  My son is 13 now but every year I try to find a container that he can reuse for something else, like a baseball mit or a cool trash can for his room!  Usually I give him his favorites as far as candies go but then I will add in things he likes to do, i.e..drawing supplies, silly putty, small games and/or books, a favorite kind of toy like his mini skateboards & cars (this i did when he was about 8).  Gets harder as they get older but I love putting it all together!  Dollar Tree has some cool stuff  for cheap.  I also hit walmart and grab his favorite gel and body wash and stuff like that.  Hope this helps and that you build that special basket for your boy!  Happy early Easter to you both! :)

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the reply! These are great ideas!

Quoting loveforhope518:

HI!!!!  My son is 13 now but every year I try to find a container that he can reuse for something else, like a baseball mit or a cool trash can for his room!  Usually I give him his favorites as far as candies go but then I will add in things he likes to do, i.e..drawing supplies, silly putty, small games and/or books, a favorite kind of toy like his mini skateboards & cars (this i did when he was about 8).  Gets harder as they get older but I love putting it all together!  Dollar Tree has some cool stuff  for cheap.  I also hit walmart and grab his favorite gel and body wash and stuff like that.  Hope this helps and that you build that special basket for your boy!  Happy early Easter to you both! :)

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Video game? Video game figure? Itunes card? Books? comic books? mincraft sword/ guy/ hat? Coupon for trip to zoo, park, pool? 

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Great ideas! Last year I included a new Skylander figure and will probably do the same this year.

Quoting SamMom912:

Video game? Video game figure? Itunes card? Books? comic books? mincraft sword/ guy/ hat? Coupon for trip to zoo, park, pool? 

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Yeah, My guy is 7... He has a zillion... Lol I hear you... This year he is into Disney Infinity.. So ill probably get a figure or 2.. He doesnt like candy-- so no point in getting that for me to eat. :) 

Quoting ceciliam:

Great ideas! Last year I included a new Skylander figure and will probably do the same this year.

Quoting SamMom912:

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I know what you mean! The amount of Skylanders he has is insane! I wouldn't even let him get started on the Disney game.

Quoting SamMom912:

Yeah, My guy is 7... He has a zillion... Lol I hear you... This year he is into Disney Infinity.. So ill probably get a figure or 2.. He doesnt like candy-- so no point in getting that for me to eat. :) 

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting SamMom912:

meka26
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM

What does he like? It's hot here that time of year, so I would put in a water gun, nerf toys, a ball, remote control car, etc.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I like the idea of cool room decor. No boys here, and I haven't even THOUGHT of my own kids this year yet whoops! I'm usually pretty on it lol.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM

He's an 8 year old boy....he likes EVERYTHING!! LOL!

He likes science stuff and superheroes. We have pretty much covered the water gun and Nerf toys. Even though it's not warm enough I will probably include some new pool toys.

Quoting meka26:

What does he like? It's hot here that time of year, so I would put in a water gun, nerf toys, a ball, remote control car, etc.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Room decor is good. We are transitioning from Superhero theme to music, I think.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I like the idea of cool room decor. No boys here, and I haven't even THOUGHT of my own kids this year yet whoops! I'm usually pretty on it lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)