Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

flirting or just paranoid?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM
  • 17 Replies

ok everyone tell me what you think. You our boyfriend, husband, whatever are living with another man and woman as roommates, after a few months that woman starts following around the person your with all the time, even though she has your number she still text him if it concerns you and she text him all the time, everyday. When we go out the three of y'all and split up she follows him like a lost puppy, she talks to him everyday but ignores you pretty much. Her husband is having her work out and she is wearing a tank top that shows half her boobs and ask him to workout with her and points to an area right in front of her that's close as she lays on the ground. Then is always asking him if he wants coffee but never asks you even though she doesn't know your not a big coffee drinker. I mean everyday you hear her talk to him and say his name constantly but she doesn't do that to you or her husband or her friends. How would that make you feel? What would you think?

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lori942
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Sounds to me like she is obsessed with him! 

Goddesswillow
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM

My husband thinks I'm crazy for thinking she was flirting. Even after I pointed all that out, and he said he even asked her and she said she wan't and believed her, told me why would she lie? Better question why would she tell the truth, if she see's your not into her? We moved out over two years ago with his parents because his mom is sick and was dying. Now we are desperate to leave, and even though he doesn't want to live with parents, my mom wants us to live with her for free, she's lonely, well. That woman is getting a divorse and my husband wants us to live with her. When he first suggested it i said no, but he asked her anyway, now just about everyday for two weeks I've been in tears, Even after telling him I cant live with her, he keeps saying what other choice do we have we cant afford to live without roommates, and everyone else he talked to said no. I would rather live with my mom than her. I even told him I dont want him talking to her. I dont tell him who he can or cannot talk to, but this was the one exception only to find out he's been talking to her these whole two years, even has her number on his phone when he told me he didn't.

Quoting Lori942:

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like she has a crush. Being that this is your room mate (did I read that right?), I don't think any good can come of this.

-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM

This....

Quoting ceciliam:

Sounds like she has a crush. Being that this is your room mate (did I read that right?), I don't think any good can come of this.

I would try to get out of that living arrangement.

Lori942
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Oh wow...you have every right to be upset!   I wish I had some advice.  So sorry you are dealing with this.  

My husband thinks I'm crazy for thinking she was flirting. Even after I pointed all that out, and he said he even asked her and she said she wan't and believed her, told me why would she lie? Better question why would she tell the truth, if she see's your not into her? We moved out over two years ago with his parents because his mom is sick and was dying. Now we are desperate to leave, and even though he doesn't want to live with parents, my mom wants us to live with her for free, she's lonely, well. That woman is getting a divorse and my husband wants us to live with her. When he first suggested it i said no, but he asked her anyway, now just about everyday for two weeks I've been in tears, Even after telling him I cant live with her, he keeps saying what other choice do we have we cant afford to live without roommates, and everyone else he talked to said no. I would rather live with my mom than her. I even told him I dont want him talking to her. I dont tell him who he can or cannot talk to, but this was the one exception only to find out he's been talking to her these whole two years, even has her number on his phone when he told me he didn't.

Quoting Lori942:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 20, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Seems messy. :(
stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:08 PM

This is why I don't think couple should have roommates. My boyfriend has a female roommate right now, but I told him when I move in I'd rather she eventually move out. She even agreed and we are friends kinda. Well luckily she was fine with it and already looked at a new place. Anyway, she probably does have a crush...why can't you guys get a place to yourselves?

I'd be looking for a place just you and him...

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Lori942:

Yep

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like it is time to move
AmandaB10
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Yeah defintely don't move back in with her. In fact if I were you I'd confront her about all of it and maybe even grill dh on why he has been talking to her all this time and lying to you about it...obviously it could be nothing but it does seem a bit suspicious to me. I really hope everything works out for you, hang in there!

Quoting Goddesswillow:

Quoting Lori942:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)