Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Endometriosis, Cancer, what is it?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:30 PM
  • 30 Replies
For the past two years, I have suffered from chronic pain in my pelvic area. I cannot use tampons, and cannot have intercourse. My periods are never regular, but when I do have one it is very painful. I went to the Dr and he gave me an ultrasound and ran tests, everything was normal except I did have a lot of fluid in the cul de sac behind my uterus. So he ordered an exploratory surgery called lapascopomy? I can't spell it! He checked for endometriosis and said he saw nothing but took a biopsy of the uterine lining. I have had two c sections no vaginal births. And I want more children. Has anyone had any similar problems and have you gotten any answers?
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 19. I was treated with BCPs for years, had 2 children. Before I was diagnosed I had all of the symptoms you describe. When I had my laparoscopy, as I recall, the dr found the endometrial tissue on or around my cul de sac. 

Here's some info on endometriosis:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/basics/definition/con-20013968

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM
How long have you had this problem?

If they do an exploratory laparoscopy there is no telling what they find. I can only speak from personal experience but I had to sign papers to consent to a hysterectomy if needed.

Because I had a history of fibroids I was told to get my baby making out the way and get a hysterectomy which would eliminate my problems.

Because of your C-section you will have scar tissue. I would discuss all the what ifs if I were you since you want more babies.

Good luck
mommajamie2008
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM
I have had this problem for two years, ever since the birth of my second son. He did say there were adhesions around my belly button.
mommajamie2008
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:09 PM
That's what I was told is that I had all of the symptoms but my Dr said there was nothing inside to indicate endometriosis, but I can't figure out why they would take a biopsy of my uterine lining?

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 19. I was treated with BCPs for years, had 2 children. Before I was diagnosed I had all of the symptoms you describe. When I had my laparoscopy, as I recall, the dr found the endometrial tissue on or around my cul de sac. 

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/endometriosis/basics/definition/con-20013968 

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Endometriosis, is when the endometrial lining the usually forms and sheds INside the uterus is growing on the outside. Even on the outside of the uterus, it grows..but to my understanding doesn't shed, and can grow larger with each cycle.

I'm not sure why he did an internal biopsy. When they diagnosed mine, I had to have a transvaginal ultrasound. 

You can always get a 2nd opinion. 

Quoting mommajamie2008: That's what I was told is that I had all of the symptoms but my Dr said there was nothing inside to indicate endometriosis, but I can't figure out why they would take a biopsy of my uterine lining?
Quoting 143myboys9496:

mommajamie2008
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:05 AM
The vaginal ultrasound showed the fluid behind my uterus but nothing else. This Dr is the third Dr I've seen. I've been clean for infections and all my tests are normal so far. Did you have fluid built up? Is that a sign?
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Hope its better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Adhesions is not endometrial tissue. Adhesions are scar tissue that are adhered to something. Bowel/muscle/etc...

Quoting mommajamie2008: I have had this problem for two years, ever since the birth of my second son. He did say there were adhesions around my belly button.

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 2:13 AM

fluid could be a cyst.

Quoting mommajamie2008: The vaginal ultrasound showed the fluid behind my uterus but nothing else. This Dr is the third Dr I've seen. I've been clean for infections and all my tests are normal so far. Did you have fluid built up? Is that a sign?

mommajamie2008
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Yes, the adhesions are from my c sections. Which he said he cleared some out. Wouldn't he see if it was a cyst on the ultrasound and the laparoscopy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN