Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Have you ever had a crockpot stop working?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 13 Replies

I cooked soup in mine for 12 hours a couple days ago and the veggies still weren't nice and soft, the way I like them.  Yet I cooked a chicken yesterday in the crockpot and it was fine. 

Have you ever had one go bad? Did it just stop working, or did it work sometimes and not others?

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I have a very small one that I hardly ever use so I have never had that happen to me but boy would that suck to have that happen.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I was a nuisance since I made the soup to take to my mom who just got out of the hospital and also to a friend who has had a stressful time.  But the soup wasn't up for giving for sure. My husband and I ate it the next day after I nuked it 15 more minutes, and it was good. But now I am wondering if my crockpot is going bad. I don't want to trust it to cook something if it doesn. :(

Quoting natural_s:

I have a very small one that I hardly ever use so I have never had that happen to me but boy would that suck to have that happen.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Yeah that would have annoyed me.

Hope your mom feels better soon.

Quoting Bmat:

I was a nuisance since I made the soup to take to my mom who just got out of the hospital and also to a friend who has had a stressful time.  But the soup wasn't up for giving for sure. My husband and I ate it the next day after I nuked it 15 more minutes, and it was good. But now I am wondering if my crockpot is going bad. I don't want to trust it to cook something if it doesn. :(

Quoting natural_s:

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Yup. Mine started doing the same thing (hey, it was 10+yrs old!) at about Christmas time. So I waited till just after Christmas and bought a nicer one... Apparently, they get seriously upgraded after 10yrs! Lol

Quoting Bmat:

I cooked soup in mine for 12 hours a couple days ago and the veggies still weren't nice and soft, the way I like them.  Yet I cooked a chicken yesterday in the crockpot and it was fine. 

Have you ever had one go bad? Did it just stop working, or did it work sometimes and not others?

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. She walked out to her living room yesterday, which I took as a good sign.

Quoting natural_s:

Yeah that would have annoyed me.

Hope your mom feels better soon.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting natural_s:

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Ohh. I see.  I'd say mine is at least 10 years, maybe 20, not sure. :(

Quoting Saharra: Yup. Mine started doing the same thing (hey, it was 10+yrs old!) at about Christmas time. So I waited till just after Christmas and bought a nicer one... Apparently, they get seriously upgraded after 10yrs! Lol
Quoting Bmat:

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. 
We had to get a new one, I love my new one though! 

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I have not. I would be sad
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't, but I would be frustrated.

Must be time for a new one Barb! It'll be fun to shop for a new one!

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I have a small one that doesn't work the way it should anymore. It's about 10 years old. (I have 3 crock-pots) It still works great for making chip dip though. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN