Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

12yo half sister

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
My half sister is 12 and not in school, her custodial parent doesn't make her go to school and she is posting videos on vine and YouTube with alot of vulgar moves and language in them and thinks it's cute. My dad also her dad was confronted by a family member of the mom and told that they always fight with her and she is not being properly taken care of. The house they stay in is filthy. What should we do and where should we start???? I am 25 with 3 kids and married. I can't sit back and let this happen so any advice will be useful.
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Your dad needs to gain custody of her if he can.   Call CPS to check in on the living environment.   The parent can get in trouble for truancy.   Your dad should also probably talk to a family law lawyer.

big.city.mama
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Is she suppose to be home schooled? Why isn't she in school? And where is her mom while she is posting twerk videos. Even though you have your hands full raising your own family it sounds like she needs someone to look out for her
funhappymom
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Definitely don't sit back and do nothing. Encourage your dad to step up and go to bat for her. If he won't do it, you and your husband should. 12 years old is such a huge developmental age and if she doesn't get the love and support now from a family member, she will likely find that love elsewhere and will most likely end up pregnant or worst.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Southern_Mom88
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Thank yall. We are going to talk to lawyer today with dad. Her mom thinks it's cute and encourages it.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Your dad needs to get her she needs a parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I hope you can find good help. :)

Quoting Southern_Mom88: Thank yall. We are going to talk to lawyer today with dad. Her mom thinks it's cute and encourages it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN