Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

daughter with electronic devices while friends are over

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is 9, and lately when she has a friend over all she wants to do is them get on the computer or one on the computer and the other on the iPod listening to music. I tell her to go outside and play or go do some of the other activities in your room.
She refuse to clean her room and thinks she can have a friend over anytime.
I have asked her that when she does have friends over they r not on electronic devices. Is this a bad idea? No, I don't think so cuz u have a friend over its to actually have activity to move around.
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-23):
country33girl
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I agree with a lot you are saying. I do not allow phones or any of sort during meals. I don't even answer my phone if it rings during that time. My dd trys to run for the phone and I tell her to sit down. I think she is just testing my buttons since I started to be SAHM recently.

Quoting foxymomof4:

I dont want to bash or insult you but who is the mom you or her.           I have a 14 year old and the only time he uses his ipod is on the weekends and/or we have a long trip but he has to share it with 3 younger siblings.My husband and I dont use our phone while helping kids with homework or eating dinner.My kids are not allowed to have friends over or go to friends house they do have play dates but outside my house.All my kids know that in order to be able to go somewhere or want something they ahve to help around the house we all live in this house and we all contribute to keep it nice and tiddy.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I hope I read this right, with the other responses too- a 9yo girl shoves her way into your house then they play electronics?

I think, one thing- you are the boss of your house and that kid does NOT have to be there.

Two- I agree to encourage the kids to do something besides stare at screens, etc. BUT, if they're active otherwise sometimes it's okay to let them do whatever. Gl mama frustrating. 

country33girl
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM
It just gets frustrating at times that I needed to vent about all, cuz as being a SAHM n 3 kids talking with others isn't always an option. My 9 yr is on the computer a lot for her school and just want her to Start doing more activity again. I don't mind the listening to music.
;It is the fact that they say there is nothing to do.
I guess I get upset that the other girl is a yr younger than mine and at times her mother is not home so, feel worried of what will happen to the girl. I keep telling myself she is not my concern.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I hope I read this right, with the other responses too- a 9yo girl shoves her way into your house then they play electronics?

I think, one thing- you are the boss of your house and that kid does NOT have to be there.

Two- I agree to encourage the kids to do something besides stare at screens, etc. BUT, if they're active otherwise sometimes it's okay to let them do whatever. Gl mama frustrating. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)