Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I hate being sick!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
So as you probably guessed from the title, I am indeed sick. Well it started off as allergies this weekend then the baby and I woke up with a cold yesterday (I felt like I was hit by a train) and this morning I wake up to a swollen eye, look in the mirror and ta da, pink eye! Dd2 had it last week. Idk how to function. I have no way of driving dd1 to school cause I can only see out of one eye. Any advice on what I can do to care of my kiddos today? Or even any advice on how to get better soon? I'm hoping its all gone by Saturday because dd2 is having her 1st bday party and I would be heartbroken if I had to miss it.
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamakin616
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM
A very warm teabag on your eye will help draw out the infection and make it go away faster. Get plenty of fluids in you also. I have severe allergies ,asthma and nerve damage in my back and legs..when I amm too sick to be up and about with my kids,,I get out playing cards and books,beard games..and I stay on the couch..and let them know they are not to leave the room at all unless I am aware of it...I say that in case I doze off...
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Feel better hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleynickia
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:12 PM
A tea bag? Interesting, I may need to send dh to the store when he's done at school. The girls have been watching movies today and playing with their toys.

Quoting mamakin616: A very warm teabag on your eye will help draw out the infection and make it go away faster. Get plenty of fluids in you also. I have severe allergies ,asthma and nerve damage in my back and legs..when I amm too sick to be up and about with my kids,,I get out playing cards and books,beard games..and I stay on the couch..and let them know they are not to leave the room at all unless I am aware of it...I say that in case I doze off...
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:52 PM
:(

Just keep chugging along. Fluids and rest.
Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:46 PM

So sorry. *HUGS* I hope you feel better soon.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:55 PM
No one likes being sick! Hope you feel better soon!
rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM

That is horrible timing for pink eye.  You may have to postpone the bday party if your not better before Saturday.  I'm sure the school would understand DD staying home since you can't drive.  Pink eye remedys from WebMD, http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/pinkeye-home-treatment.  

I'm just getting over bronchitis.  Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN