Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

We live in West Texas and we got a bunch of rain last night!  It was nice.  How is the weather where you are?

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Replies (51-58):
gcstar42
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Where at? I am in San Angelo and we need rain BAD. Please send it our direction. We are seriously almost out of water. We are not allowed to fill any kind of swimming pools, including the little kiddie pools. We can't let the kids play in the sprinkler or water hose, we can't water any plants that are outside or use outside water for anything other than giving animals drinking water. One of our lakes COMPLETELY dried up and the others are extremely low. They are in the process of building an underground pipeline to transfer water from somewhere else but I have no idea how long that will take to finish and be ready. Last I heard we only had like a 1 yr supply of water left and that was a while ago and we haven't had much rain since then.
trish2tew
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Unfortunately.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Nice!  Does it get humid there when it rains?

Quoting trish2tew:

We got rain yesterday too in Dallas!

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Sounds like winter there still!  I hope starts to warm up for you soon. 

Quoting suetoo:

We live between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Still frozen over by the way. Their ice is resulting in a long, cold spring because of it. We had an ice storm last night and 6 inches of snow this morning. :-(

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I am glad you are getting some sun! Did you get a lot of rain yesterday?

Quoting katiebug840204: Yesterday it was stormy. Today is is all cleared up and sun shiny. Although it is a bit cooler because of the rain yesterday.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I hope you find some at a decent price.  They are probably in high demand there right now!

Quoting MrsBx:

We live in SE Portland and it has been torrential the past few days. Funny, because a few days before it was hovering around 60ยบ. The flowers are blooming though. "April showers bring may flowers", so I am now looking for decent rain boots!

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Yikes, that isn't good at all!  We are over by the New Mexico border not far from Hobbs, NM.  I sure hope you get rain soon!!!!!!

Quoting gcstar42: Where at? I am in San Angelo and we need rain BAD. Please send it our direction. We are seriously almost out of water. We are not allowed to fill any kind of swimming pools, including the little kiddie pools. We can't let the kids play in the sprinkler or water hose, we can't water any plants that are outside or use outside water for anything other than giving animals drinking water. One of our lakes COMPLETELY dried up and the others are extremely low. They are in the process of building an underground pipeline to transfer water from somewhere else but I have no idea how long that will take to finish and be ready. Last I heard we only had like a 1 yr supply of water left and that was a while ago and we haven't had much rain since then.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I have never lived in a really humid area but I have visited a time or two and it was miserable! 

Quoting trish2tew: Unfortunately.
Quoting countrygirlkat:

Nice!  Does it get humid there when it rains?

Quoting trish2tew:

We got rain yesterday too in Dallas!

katiebug840204
by Katie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah. It rained pretty much all Friday night and Saturday. I think we for about 2 inches total.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I am glad you are getting some sun! Did you get a lot of rain yesterday?

Quoting katiebug840204: Yesterday it was stormy. Today is is all cleared up and sun shiny. Although it is a bit cooler because of the rain yesterday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)