Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my son get close to other family more than me?????

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi Everyone :)

I have a 6 month little boy and I'm a single mom. I work full time and my aunt who I live with watches him during the day. She's great I never have to worry him. But I keep wondering if he'll get closer to her than me? Will he forget that I'm his mom. How can him and bond more so I'm the first person he wants when he sees us? Please any advice would so great :)
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LaughsAlot
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this
No worries momma, babies bond with their babysitter,but they know wwho's mom, it's awesome that you have family to help with child care! (HUGS)
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:31 PM
I don't think that will happen
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Do you handle all the care once you get home?  I think the only way he would bond more to your aunt is if she did most of the care all day/night.

RMAANDRPT12
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Yes when I get home after work I do it all and on the weekends when I'm off work :)

Quoting jabs54:

Do you handle all the care once you get home?  I think the only way he would bond more to your aunt is if she did most of the care all day/night.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:36 PM

The wonderful thing about people is that we can bond with lots of different people and just because we have a strong bond with one person doesn't mean we can't have a strong one with another.  I guess what I am saying is that his being close to your aunt or whatever does not take away from how close he can be to you.  I would be thrilled that she is able to do that be watch him and rest assured he will still love you and only you as his mom.  Spend as much time with him as you can when you are off and just know he will always love you in a special way even if he is close to others as well. 

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I'm a stay at home mom and my kids are just as bonded to dad (sometimes even prefer him) as to me. He comes home and takes over while I do other house stuff... He gets 2? Hours a day m-f and we co parent weekends.
chaotic.mind
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM

My oldest son was in daycare at 9 months old so he spent a lot more time with his daycare provider than with me but he was always super excited to see me when I'd come to pick him up. 

Your baby will definitely bond with their caregiver which is a good thing however, nobody can ever replace mom. 

csmcgr
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Unless your working all day and clubbing all night I think you'll be okay :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)