Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

PPD

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi Mommies!

I am almost 7 months PP up until now, I haven't dealt with PPD. I am a stay at home Mom and for some reason, I have Ben really feeling down. I am currently taking Zoloft as well. 

I love every moment with my daughter but find that I have a shorter fuse. I don't take it out on her, but everyone else around. 

I am a single Mom so I don't have much help. 

I'm gaining weight like crazy, have chronic pain and constantly tired. Seems like all I do is nurse and sleep. 

any words of advise.. I'm kind of at a loss of ideas. 

**please be kind!!**

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bella-Kiwi
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:39 PM
You're definitely not alone! I went through what I think was PPD. It's especially hard when you're stuck in the house. My best advice, go outside! Even if you're too tired. A long stroll with your LO will relax your mind. It helps me a lot. Even if I'm exhausted, I'll feel better once I get back home. It's a good way to keep weight off too :)
TIGGERTAC
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:53 PM

No advice but big hugs. I went through it too. I'm not a single mom but i was a sahm and my husband worked really long hours. I honestly found just sitting outside on nice days helped. Fresh air, not looking at the same four walls and chatting with my neighbors. This may not work for you and your meds may need to be changed or adjusted. Talk to your doctor asap!

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried calling the hospital or your sons pediatricians office they do have list to counselor or support groups. Feel better sorry I'm not much help
chaotic.mind
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Try to get outside as much as you can. I know the weather is still pretty shitty out but when it's nice, get out and walk around or go to the park. 

See if there are any play groups or activites through the library for moms and babies. 

You can talk to your doctor too. Maybe you need a med change or have your dose increased. 

Good luck :) 

MommytoPayton
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Thank you ladies. I have an appt with my dr on Friday. Hopefully I can get feeling better. And hopefully the weather warms up soon. I am definitely lacking some vitamin D.

beachymomma7
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I have gone through what you are going through, honey. My advice is to eat foods that are whole, not proccessed, it makes a HUGE difference in the way you feel. I dealt with chronic pain for awhile, and than went paleo and wow, I felt 10 times better, and it eased my depression. Also, taking a magnesium supplement will help a lot too, as well with getting a decent amount of exercise. If you still feel the way you are feeling currently after that, then I would go to a dr. to see what they can do to help. I hope this helps, and wish you the best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)