Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My Husband Wants Me to Leave...

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM
  • 24 Replies

And go on a "mini Mommy vacation!" :D

My sweet DH recently told me that once a year, he'd like for each of us to take a few days (maybe 3-5 days) away from family and spend it anywhere doing whatever we want, while the other takes care of the kids. He knows how stressful it can be with little ones, and this is one of his ways of giving each of us a much-needed break to regroup and de-stress. He also understands that he and I both have hobbies that the other doesn't necessarily find interesting, so he sees this as a way for each of us to participate in those hobbies without trying to convince the other to join us.

He has already told me his plans. He loves to go hiking and is planning to go to Arizona to hike and camp at the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon. It will take him 3-4 days to do this, including travel time to fly and drive, and he will have to carry all of his supplies with him while he hikes.

While I enjoy hiking and camping to some degree, I have neck and back injuries that prevent me from backpacking long distance. Hence, his suggestion that I think about what I might like to do during my personal break away. ;)

I have thought about going somewhere relaxing with my sister (so I'm not completely alone! lol), getting a massage or two, having a few nice dinners where we dress up and look nice, and maybe going shopping or sight-seeing, but right now, I don't even know where to look to go. I realize that I've become quite boring in my interests, so other than the ones I mentioned above, plus sleeping in, reading a book, watching a favorite show, or going to see a movie, I really have no idea what else to do and where to go.

I'm not a "spa" pampering kind of person either. I like getting deep tissue massages, but I see no point in getting a manicure or my nails done at this point in my life since I wash my hands constantly around the kids. I could get a pedicure, I suppose. lol

Roller coaster rides at an amusement park would be nice, but I can't enjoy them now with my neck and back problems. I do, however, like to dance (latin ballroom style), but I'm also quite the introvert, so that kind of presents a dilemma when going out. Sigh...

So, what would you ladies do if your DH or SO offered you a "mini Mommy vacation" once a year? I live in GA and have a budget of up to $600. Any suggestions for a boring introvert like me? ;)

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chaotic.mind
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I would go to a nice hotel for the weekend. Bring my books and bathing suit and just hang out all by myself. Maybe walk around the area and see what shops are around, maybe do some shopping. 

It's a great idea to have just you time, away from everyone. Have fun with whatever you end up doing. 

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I'd go to the beach, read and enjoy the sand and the sound of the surf.

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do it. Go to the beach

facethetruth2b
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:30 PM
a quiet stay in them smokie mountains reading a book or white water rafting .Strollong around ..
P.s my hubby says f*** a book rent a cabin and go party your ass off !!!! His exact words .
jandj4
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:59 PM

id love a spa day but dont think id go away overnight without him

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:02 PM
A beach and a spa!
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Nice.  I had 8 weeks in FL, 6 without dh or anyone else.  Well MIL and a friend visited. 

MommyChance
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Abingdon VA. There are tons of B&Bs, lots of great restaurants. There is a great Theatre, The Barter Theatre. Main Street has lots of neat little shops. There are a few hiking trails and beautiful scenery. The Martha Hotel and Spa is a beautiful place to be pampered. There's several local breweries and a vineyard in town! It's a tiny quaint little place, but very relaxing.
Yes, I sound like a spokesman for my town, but it's a great place to get away and relax. Lol...
katiebug840204
by Katie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:50 PM
With a $600 budget id say go down to Tybee island or st. Simons island and spend your time
At the beach. I've been to charleston too and it's a great place to vacay with things to do!
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I think that is a great idea :) we live next to a nice city and we would probably go out on the town for the night and get a nice hotel for the weekend. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN