Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

frozen meals

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
I was wondering if anybody had any frozen meal or make ahead crock pot recipes. My FIL is going to pass away soon from cancer soon. So I want to make some for MIL so she wont have to worry about cooking for awhile. She is not a big cooker anyways he did all the cooking.

Thanks to anyone that helps
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssas-mommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Bump
Mishy2
by Michelle on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I have a link I found for make-ahead crock pot recipes... Let me find it..Ah! Here they are.. These two links have 10 different recipes each for make ahead crock pot meals that you freeze once prepared. Once you go to the website there are many more you can view. Hope this helps. :)

http://www.mommysfabulousfinds.com/2013/10/easy-crock-pot-freezer-meals-2.html

http://www.mommysfabulousfinds.com/2014/03/crockpot-freezer-meal-recipes.html

Quoting alyssas-mommy: I was wondering if anybody had any frozen meal or make ahead crock pot recipes. My FIL is going to pass away soon from cancer soon. So I want to make some for MIL so she wont have to worry about cooking for awhile. She is not a big cooker anyways he did all the cooking. Thanks to anyone that helps

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont have any recipes to share and freeze, but wanted to pass along my heartfelt sorrow for your families impending loss. Its a very hard time, Ive been there... Wishing you all peace. 

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:05 PM

How lovely of you to be so thoughful of your MIL. I am very sorry about your FIL, and I hope that he is not in pain.

I wonder if getting some chickens and cooking them up, removing the meat and freezing it in small portions, would help. This way she can pull a packet out and put together an easy meal.

alyssas-mommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:08 PM
I was thinking of that but she really don't cook unless its mac and cheese lol. But it might be good for something small

Quoting Bmat:

How lovely of you to be so thoughful of your MIL. I am very sorry about your FIL, and I hope that he is not in pain.

I wonder if getting some chickens and cooking them up, removing the meat and freezing it in small portions, would help. This way she can pull a packet out and put together an easy meal.

Sbellemommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Stuffed peppers and lasagna freeze nicely in individual portions.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Does she have a favorite type of food? I would stick kind of bland bc her stomach may be upset for a little while. I know when I am mourning, the last thing I want is to eat bc I feel so blah.
flowerfunleah
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I make this for all my friend that have babies. And I freeze it so they can heat it up whenever they want. Pics are clicky!

Deep South Dish: Meatball and Stuffing Bake

Baked cream cheese spaghetti is also a casserole that freezes well and you can re-heat.

Baked cream cheese spaghetti

This is also a good make ahead and freeze meal: 

Baked Ravioli

alyssas-mommy
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Mac and cheesr

Quoting a_and_j_momma: Does she have a favorite type of food? I would stick kind of bland bc her stomach may be upset for a little while. I know when I am mourning, the last thing I want is to eat bc I feel so blah.
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Most casseroles freeze really well. One of my favorites is chicken, brocolli & rice - although I use quinoa instead of rice. (And I cut this recipe in half - but there are only 3 of us, and our freezer is pitifully small.)
Spaghetti, lasagna, and similar dishes are also good choices. Even mac and cheese - which is also wonderful comfort food.

Meatloaf freezes decently, too.

I also make a lentil soup, similar to this recipe but I use mostly Indian spices (garam masala, coriander, cumin, curry powder) instead of oregano & basil. (The nice thing about soups like this, is that you can adjust the spices to suit your family's taste.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN