Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

She stole my wedding ring!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM
  • 86 Replies
1 mom liked this
SD was in town for 10 days. She had a number of meltdowns the last few days - told me she hated me - called me everything under the sun. She finally left yesterday after hiding everything from my phone to my DL, cards, etc. checked today and my wedding band - almost 4 carat TW of my husband'a grandmothers diamonds with a big gold band is missing. When we got married, I had an dual weight ring made for her and a whole part of our ceremony dedicated to her. When I got pregnant, I outgrew my ring and this visit she has heckled me to know where it was. She showed up wearing hers on her wedding finger (odd, I thought) and said her dad married her, too. Now an $8,000 ring (that we could not have bought on our own and that has sentiment value) that I had hidden is missing the day she leaves for home! My husband is furious but no one else has been in the house! What do I do?
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:23 AM
You had a ring made for her but are missing YOURS right?

Idk- what does he think? The jewelry I care about is on my hand or in a lockbox.
AtillaTheHun
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM
How old is she?
SFLMom33
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Mine was hidden in a jewelry case - she was wearing hers but heckled me about mine until I showed her where mine was - bc my fingers grew a size (+) post pregnancy - I went from a 7 to an 8/8.5, and we haven't been able to afford having it resized. He knows she took it, but we can't prove it. She's 18.
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Have DH take hers to keep it safe incase "it gets lost too???"
SFLMom33
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry - I should have clarified - she lives 3000 miles away with her mom. If she has my ring it's long gone. That is why I'm so freaked out.
abrine7673
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:02 AM
4 moms liked this
She wouldn't be allowed at my house again. I have a huge problem with thieves. Even if it were my own dd I wouldn't allow her back in my house
s.mom4real
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

call her and tell her that if it is not returned she will not be allowed into the house again!

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM
12 moms liked this
I'd call the police.
bellydancer1984
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM

call her mom and have her look around for it...how old is sd?

Jennyanne322
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Was the ring covered under your home owners insurance?
File a police report that it's stolen and a claim with your insurance.

Quoting SFLMom33: Mine was hidden in a jewelry case - she was wearing hers but heckled me about mine until I showed her where mine was - bc my fingers grew a size (+) post pregnancy - I went from a 7 to an 8/8.5, and we haven't been able to afford having it resized. He knows she took it, but we can't prove it. She's 18.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN