Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Im so fed up!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter's doctors office is so screwed up that she is 9 months old and has only had her first round of vaccines. Which was given to her late, at 4mo. So now i'm in the process of trying to find a pediatrician that is ACCEPTING patients so that she can actually get vaccinated. I've actually been looking for a doctor for a few months now and realized that im going to have to go out of town. How soon together would you give your child vaccines? I mean, they can be given as close as one month apart.... but i dont know if i want to put her through that every month..? Im angry, and trying to figure out whats best for my child but i dont want to traumatize her from doctors either. 

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shakesrear
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Well, here they start at 1 month and they are given shots once a month through 4 months. But they also give them combinations. Maybe you don't want the combined ones and want to spread them out over more time. Does it really have to be a pedi? I used my GP, who's very good and must less expensive than those pedis. I would just pick the first doctor who had an opening and schedule an appointment every month until it's done.

Amy0317
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
We did all of ours at the well baby check ups so they weren't every month. He did get like 4 or 5 at a time, but they'd be combined into 2-3 shots. Just be prepared with infant Tylenol and a lollipop or something soothing for her. She won't be traumatized as long as you're there to comfort her after
steffielou_who
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:31 AM
She will not remember this.. Get her caught up..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM

The health department might be another option.

Callielove01
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:15 PM
The health department is how she got the only round of shots she has. But now, that's by appointment only and there is a phone number to call to get an appointment and no one EVER answers! I call a few times every day before I go to work and its fruitless. I don't think anyone even mans that phone! That was how I was going to get her back on track then the govt shut down happened -.-
Callielove01
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM
I hope so :/ I'm just so exhausted with her doctor's office. There is absolutely nothing that I can do. We are in the process of getting records and stuff to an office out of town. She said she will call me back today

Quoting Amy0317: We did all of ours at the well baby check ups so they weren't every month. He did get like 4 or 5 at a time, but they'd be combined into 2-3 shots. Just be prepared with infant Tylenol and a lollipop or something soothing for her. She won't be traumatized as long as you're there to comfort her after
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would sit down with the new doctor, explain your concerns and explain what happened and see what they recommend about how quickly to get her caught up.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN