• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need to complain...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:05 AM
  • 15 Replies
I work 3rd shift at an independant/assisted living facility. I work with the IL side as a receptionist/housekeeper/guard type person. I have been here almost 2 years. There's another girl that works on nights I don't (this is a 1 person per shift job) that I personally like but professionally am getting fed up with. It's starting to affect how I feel personally as well.

She is very lazy. We have a certain check list of items we are supposed to complete at specific times (I'm between times right now) on specific days. She doesn't do them, signs off on the job, then leaves it undone. I'm sick of this.

If I don't complete the job then *I* look bad but she's taking credit for work I'm doing! I've talked to our boss about it after hearing how wonderful she is doing right after being told I need to do more :( My boss listened and said "the work speaks for itself" and that if she wasn't getting it done then the areas we are supposed to take care of would look bad and dirty.

I have started taking pictures of the areas before clening them so I have proof but I shouldn't have to! I'm not the only one with a problem either. Second shift is always complaining about her being at least 6-10 mins late or more, kitchen and housekeeping complain when she works second on the weekend because she makes a mess in the break area and never cleans it, residents are complaining because she is slow to answer emergency lights and is very rude or ignores them when she sees them.

I am almost at the point that I wish they would replace her and give me back the day they gave to her to "make things fair". I've been here over a year longer than she has, things don't NEED to be fair, especially if she isn't doing her job!

Not to mention that she uses MY PERSONAL PROPERTY and doesn't take care of it and gets me in trouble. I have a small coffee pot I keep here because I need it. I can't count the number of times I've gotten a note about sugar on the counters, the pot left on, creamer cups not thrown away. And then she can't clean the grounds out.

Sorry, I'm done. Checking on the task I have to do next and seeing what she left behind triggered a rant :-/ Thanks for reading this far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Can you put a personal locker at work and lock your items in it until you are there?  I wonder why they are putting up with so much crap from her.

PandTsmomjuly
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:51 AM
No, the lockers we have are used by the kitchen staff only. I have a cabinet I get to put my things in.

I have no idea why. We report directly to the exec director so maybe she's just too busy to deal with this?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Can you put a personal locker at work and lock your items in it until you are there?  I wonder why they are putting up with so much crap from her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lvictorio4
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:52 AM
maybe stop.doing her work? That's what I would do even if I got in trouble.
PandTsmomjuly
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:41 AM
I should but I really can't afford to lose this job if it comes to that.

Her review is coming up amd the boss is going to be talking to the other department heads to get an accurate view of her work. They will also (finally) review her attendance. Maybe then something will get done about her poor work ethic or she'll get shown the door.

I genuinely like this girl. Besides her being younger and no kids we have a lot in common. I just can't stand that she gets away with doing nothing and makes me look bad.

Quoting Lvictorio4: maybe stop.doing her work? That's what I would do even if I got in trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM

I am sorry.  It may be a good time to get your resume in order and look for other jobs. Your field should be a good one for employment. If your boss says you are lying, this would do it for me.

shakesrear
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I second what the others say. And the coffee pot? pack it up and take it home when you're not working. I know it's a pain, but it would be worth it to me.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:37 AM

If you like her on a personal level, have you tried speaking to her about it?

PandTsmomjuly
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Yes and got blown off. The second shift girls have tried talking to her about her tardiness and that got blown off too.

This morning before I left the exec director's assistant mentioned something about her not doing stuff and how the exec was starting to notice! Yay! Maybe she'll get her act together when the boss talks to her!

Quoting ceciliam:

If you like her on a personal level, have you tried speaking to her about it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PandTsmomjuly
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
The boss's assistant said something this morning that leads me to believe she's starting to see what's going on. Hopefully this means things are changing!

Quoting Bmat:

I am sorry.  It may be a good time to get your resume in order and look for other jobs. Your field should be a good one for employment. If your boss says you are lying, this would do it for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PandTsmomjuly
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I don't drive myself or I would. Hauling all my stuff back and forth every night would be difficult enough but when doing it and not transporting yourself... it's difficult enough just bringing a lunch box and my purse mmost nights -_-

Quoting shakesrear:

I second what the others say. And the coffee pot? pack it up and take it home when you're not working. I know it's a pain, but it would be worth it to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)