Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mother-inlaw, wow, last night was a disaster.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

She has an obvious issue with alcohol.

She started the night out pointing her finger in my DH's face declaring him "neglectful" to his kids, then trashed our parenting to pieces for a couple of hrs.

She has a HUGE ego, and is too proud to EVER admit she is wrong. She only knows how to threaten the kids with aggressive, violent threats, and my DH does not want his kids around that. She came over because she went with my SD to a therapy session, but it was a wasted session. The woman is vial.

By the end of the night, she polished off almost the entire bottle of wine, and declared our children damaged, and out of control because of our "idealistic" parenting.  (who knew our kids are so terrible?! Not us!)

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:13 AM

BUMP!

veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM

BUMP!

nana776
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Wow, did she do all this in front of the kids?

You may need to limit her contact when she has been drinking or just in general. I had to do that with my Dad, I had issues with his racism and bigotry. Everytime he started spouting off or telling racial jokes, I would tell him to knock it off, or leave. He left in a huff a few times, but then he stopped his crap.

veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM

They were upstairs, but she got loud. They probably heard some of it.  I wouldn't say she is racist, but we are an inter racial couple. So, she referred to me as a "jewish white girl" a few times. She thinks I had some fluffy white upbringing. Uh sorry, not.

I wish we could just tell her to knock it off, but unless she stops drinking she will never change. She doesn't see the kids right now, which is why she was carrying on last night about our parenting.

Quoting nana776:

Wow, did she do all this in front of the kids?

You may need to limit her contact when she has been drinking or just in general. I had to do that with my Dad, I had issues with his racism and bigotry. Everytime he started spouting off or telling racial jokes, I would tell him to knock it off, or leave. He left in a huff a few times, but then he stopped his crap.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Stay away from her!
veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM

yes, we will, especially the kids. DH is going to confront her about her drinking. That should go over well...

Quoting Mom2Just1: Stay away from her!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I would just stay away.

Quoting veggiemom474:

yes, we will, especially the kids. DH is going to confront her about her drinking. That should go over well...

Quoting Mom2Just1: Stay away from her!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Set firm limits and stick to them. Keep as much distance as you can from her too. That's what we had to do with my mom.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Why didn't you leave if it was at her house or drop her off at home if it was yours
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Why didn't you guys just kick her out when she started all that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)