Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do people dislike the name(s) you chose for your child(ren)?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM
  • 388 Replies
I've never had anyone close to me say anything but online almost everyone disliked the name I chose for my DD2. Her name is Kierra.

Do any of your children have a name that is hated more than loved? What is the name?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM
3 moms liked this

No one has said anything to me. I wouldn't care either way anyways.  We actually do not reveal our names until birth so...no hearing people make comments.  We have a Connor Ryan and Milo Anakin.  New baby will be Zoe or Norah Padme____.  If we have a boy we don't have a name yet.  We always pick a name and then one of the names is either starwars or superhero related.  Connor came from a superman comic, Ryan is my husband's middle name, Milo we both loved, Anakin from starwars.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Bella-Kiwi
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I love all the names! Are Zoe and Norah from anything or just names you each love??

Quoting Mom2Just1:

No one has said anything to me. I wouldn't care either way anyways.  We actually do not reveal our names until birth so...no hearing people make comments.  We have a Connor Ryan and Milo Anakin.  New baby will be Zoe or Norah Padme____.  If we have a boy we don't have a name yet.  We always pick a name and then one of the names is either starwars or superhero related.  Connor came from a superman comic, Ryan is my husband's middle name, Milo we both loved, Anakin from starwars.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Just names we love.

Quoting Bella-Kiwi: I love all the names! Are Zoe and Norah from anything or just names you each love??
Quoting Mom2Just1:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

2012_2014
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Yes , my husbands Grandma said she didn't like our sons name when I was pregnant with him if you ask her now she will say she doesnt like it but thinks it " fits him". 

I like your daughters name , its pretty! :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
2 moms liked this

If anyone doesn't like them they certainly haven't told me. Which is good, because I'd prolly be a passive agressive bitch about it.  :)

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Not my problem if they don't like MY sons name it's MY SON not there's. They don't like it I can tell them where to shove their comments and if they like I can shove it there for them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this
My Hayden got his name from Hayden Christensen :) I had never heard the name until they announced it for him playing Anakin in episode 2. I swore if I had a baby boy I was naming him Hayden. No one really believed me since I was 15 when I said it. His middle name is Wesley which doubles for his great great grandfather's middle name and Wesley Crusher from Star Trek. Everyone kept telling me I was having mirror twins because I was so big and EVERYONE knew someone who had had mirror twins that hide behind each other until birth) if I would have his brother would have been Harrison James.
I'm a huge sci fi nerd :) I was even more stoked Hayden was born on Gordon Michael Woolvett's (Harper from sci fi show Andromeda) birthday.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea but I really could careless what others thought especially strangers online. I never heard anyone say anything about my kids name. I like the names, my husband like the names and I am pretty confident that they have names that are not going to be an embarrassment to them.

I don't see anything wrong with your daughter's name (it's pretty), and whoever said anything was just being petty or probably pronouncing it crazy to make it seem weird, lol.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM
No, everyone loves my DD's names including my dd's. Maria and Caroline.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I've never had anyone tell me that they dislike our daughter's name.It's Helena (Huh-Lay-Na)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN