Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They are NOT nice friends.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son is 8 (turning 9 very soon eeek) he is in the process of being diagnosed with possible ADD, and SPD, (I only say that to give you background)

He has a few friends, the last two days they have been HORRIBLE. Wednesday I couldnt find him he wasnt where he said he was going to be (not like him) eventually I heard some adults screaming "let him up" I go running there and my son is crying and coughing they had him in a ditch (only couple inches of water but still) and the one of them was punching him in the face while the others egged him on.

Today he came in crying they had attacked him and they had done it again.

Both times I went out there to ask what was going on. (Always two sides of the stories and no parents are around to ask, one the parents both work super late so he and his brother look after each other. And the other two the mom was working no idea who was watching them)

Anyways Wednesday story...the one kid was mad that my son took the last sip in the pop they were sharing, today, because my son refused to let him ride his scooter (my rule no helmet no ride)

How do I teach my son that these are NOT good friends and that playing alone is better then getting hurt.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM
You needed to call the cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Quoting atlmom2: You needed to call the cops.

the other kids are the same age and younger....

polkaspots
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:36 PM
You can explain as much as you want, but it's ultimately your responsibility to keep him away from the people that are going to hurt him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting atlmom2: You needed to call the cops.

the other kids are the same age and younger....

that doesn't matter, they were assaulting him.  Age isn't a factor.

mom23heathens
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM
I agree with calling the cops. Those kids need supervision obviously. It doesn't matter how old a kid is if they are hurting someone.
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Hugs!
BrittSam2011
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Even if the cops just give them a sleep on the wrist and call their parents, it might scare the crap out of them. I would have been calling.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I wouldn't allow him to play unsupervised. You have full control of who he is around at this age
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Call the cops. And keep your son away from them.
JulietAngel89
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM

He is 8 years old. Keep him away from those kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)