Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm never important

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm starting to feel like my husband works so much and I feel like not important . Is there anyone out there who understands and how do you deal with this
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aehutmacher
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I'm right there with you.

When I met DH, he said that he was going to school so he could support a a family and still be around in the evening time. Now he's always traveling for work and doesn't understand why I don't like it.

Hello? This is not what I signed up for when I agreed to be a SAHM for the sake of his career.
Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Make yourself a priority. Refuse to allow him or your kids, other family or friends to not give you that priority at least now and then. *HUGS*

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I remember those days. I've been second to many things.

Thankfully for all dh's flaws- overall he is a communicator and that is a solve-all.

Make time to communicate while you're both rested and not hungry.

Use your words, don't attack and have a few ideas/ plans ready. Be open to not getting a positive reaction right away.

Also be open to changing your reaction/ perception of the situation and remember him working a lot could BE his way of putting you first.

Service could be his love language. Gl mama he's prolly beat too. :)
thelittlewife08
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I can sympathize. I am a SAHM and military wife. I feel like he has the mind set that I should have to do everything around the house, know where everything in the house is to the exact detail and all while chasing after our toddler. I admit I  feel a bit bummed when he doesn't comment or seem to notice when the house is cleaned and looking great (which is hard to do with a toddler whew! lol ), or when I put in a bit of extra effort to look nice, but I try to let it roll off my shoulder because I wasn't the one to run 5 miles today or do a bunch of physical exercise, and I get that he is tired. I understand though. Sometimes I feel like what I do isn't always apprecitated and that tends to suck.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I'm sorry:(

My husband has always been a workaholic but I don't feel unimportant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)