Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

terrified my 2 yr old may have to..

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
be circumcised. i think i'm more scared of the anestesia. but the more my husband and i read about it we decided that maybe not getting it done would be better. well i guess we were wrong. i took him to the doc because it didnt look right to me. he said it had smegma (dead skin) built up under the skin but the skin wasn't able to be pulled back from the tip to clean. i cleaned it to the best of my abilities without hurting him and the doc said i done everything right but i feel so horrible. i don't even want to imagine the kind of pain he'll be in if it has to be done when i thought not doing it in the first place would be best. not to mention him being put to sleep. it just scares the crap out of me.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aimesnyc
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Not sure why there was smegma there unless he retracted the foreskin on his own. It is not supposed to be retracted until it does so naturally. In any case there is a prescription cream that you can get to help soften the foreskin and help it retract more if necessary. We had to use it when my son had a procedure for his kidney and bladder. Take him to a urologist that is familiar with intact penises.
bakermom2411
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM
i'm not sure either why there would be smegma because i've always checked to see if the skin would retract or not but it's still intact at the tip. his doc is referring him to a urologist. i'm just hoping for the best

Quoting aimesnyc: Not sure why there was smegma there unless he retracted the foreskin on his own. It is not supposed to be retracted until it does so naturally. In any case there is a prescription cream that you can get to help soften the foreskin and help it retract more if necessary. We had to use it when my son had a procedure for his kidney and bladder. Take him to a urologist that is familiar with intact penises.
aimesnyc
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Fingers crossed!

Quoting bakermom2411: i'm not sure either why there would be smegma because i've always checked to see if the skin would retract or not but it's still intact at the tip. his doc is referring him to a urologist. i'm just hoping for the best

Quoting aimesnyc: Not sure why there was smegma there unless he retracted the foreskin on his own. It is not supposed to be retracted until it does so naturally. In any case there is a prescription cream that you can get to help soften the foreskin and help it retract more if necessary. We had to use it when my son had a procedure for his kidney and bladder. Take him to a urologist that is familiar with intact penises.
bakermom2411
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!!

Quoting aimesnyc: Fingers crossed!

Quoting bakermom2411: i'm not sure either why there would be smegma because i've always checked to see if the skin would retract or not but it's still intact at the tip. his doc is referring him to a urologist. i'm just hoping for the best

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know anything about a smegma but good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)