Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Calling all teachers!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm a SAHM at the moment, but planning to go back to school for my BS in Early Childhood Education. My daughter wont be starting Kindergarten until August 2015. My thoughts are I can do one of the following:

-Put my daughter into preschool this coming August and start going back to school at the same time, but then I'm paying for daycare or preschool and also college.

OR

-Keep her home with me another year and start an online program to get my BS in ECE.

What I'm wondering is if getting a degree online is worth it and look as good as just going to a college? Any teachers done this and be able to find a job or has it been hard? What program did you use?

THANKS!

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PinkStarLily
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

bump

PinkStarLily

bump

PinkStarLily

bump

PinkStarLily
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

bump

PinkStarLily
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

bump

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I went back to school to become a teacher in 2002. I had a BA so all I had to take were certification classes like classroom management, special ed teaching techniques etc. Most of my classes were online. However, some of my & your classes NEED to be with other teachers and people getting re-certified. You get so many ideas and techniques and teaching tools through others. Plus you obviously cannot do student teaching online. One year of online will not be too bad. Just make sure the other classes are in an actual classroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)