Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I'm a stay at home mother (because my medical condition) but I'm going insane !! -_-

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM
  • 50 Replies
My mentality is independent my personality is independent but I'm like a weak little puppy to some people because my stroke I had I'm weak on one side and have seizures so I stay home with my kids, but a girls day out to just talk would be nice right? I mean just conversation with someone rather than my husband? With another stay at home mother who understands where I'm coming from. Do any other stay at home moms get frustrated at times? I mean at least you can drive lol I can't.
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debelly
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I feel ya momma! I tried the stay at home mom thing after my first was born, I lasted six months. I had to go back to work! I feel some woman are good at..... I am not.  Im on maternity leave now until DD2 comes and Im practically going insane, while dd1 is at school, im alone and bored. I can leave the house however! Stay strong!

kbutton24
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel ya! I don't have any friends with kids, so I do t get out much.
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to feel like I was going up the walls with no one to talk to when my kiddos were little. The only adult interaction I had was with my husband at the time and no offense, but I wanted to talk to other people too..lol

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry that you are having this problem. If you have taxi service where you live, this might help in getting out. Take classes at the Y or local college, you'll meet people there- even if you have to hire a taxi or have classes only when your husband can drive you, or pay a neighbor to drive you.

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm 27, I was diagnosed with ms at 19, developed epilepsy at 20, had a stroke at 22.

I have three boys five and under, can't drive and currently have zero friends... ya.. I know your feeling.

Before this I worked two jobs since 15, became a car sales person, then got a bad flu and my health went to pure hell.

I love beinbg a Mom, but holy hell another grown up to talk to would be nice.
monkeymommy325
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:23 AM
I have been a SAHM since my son was born two years ago. I don't have any friends with kids and my fiance is out of town for work a lot. It is just me and Myles (my 2 yo son) and it drives me crazy. I love my son and he keeps me pretty busy and entertained... But mama needs some adult interaction! I feel you.
KatLee42513
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:30 AM
No - I always find things to do. We just got rid of TV and I thought I'd go crazy but nope - I'm learning how to knit & crochet and I read constantly (I get books from the library). I also walk about a mile a day which gets me out in nature.
his88angel
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM
I use to feel this way but I looked online and found a moms group and I find myself always busy. Look for a moms group it will help.
Cassie2115
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I call my grandma a lot lol. I have 3 kids 5 and under and a 4 year old nephew and a 2 month old great niece that I babysit. I have been working but next Saturday is my last day :) I'm hopefully going to be watching another family over the summer for some extra cash but my 17 year old sister will probably be here a lot and we'll get out for lots of walks :)
CraftHut
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I was a Sahm until my last was born the. I decided to get my realtor license and it has allowed me to work part time and I stage homes. I feel ya.

maybe tap into something that interests you that you could get out and do?

at the beachMoms Getaway Join us- www.cafemom.com/group/120077

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)