Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My poor baby

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son had his tonsils and adenoids removed Monday. He is 2. Well this morning he threw up a bunch of mucus and has just been off this morning. Usually when he is on his meds (Tylenol for pain doc said to keep him on it for a few days and start tapering it on Thursday) he is happy smiling and his normal self. Seems like my baby is getting sick on top of just having surgery Monday.
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happynewyorker
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear your son isn't feeling well.  Well the mucus throw up is a good thing, getting all the junk out makes things better.  Give him a couple of days to get better. We all feel that our children are going to get better right away.  rest, medication and over time he'll be back to normal. good

bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Its good but bad. Bad because he can open the sores and cause bleeding in the back of his throat. Good because hes getting mucus out

Quoting happynewyorker:

Sorry to hear your son isn't feeling well.  Well the mucus throw up is a good thing, getting all the junk out makes things better.  Give him a couple of days to get better. We all feel that our children are going to get better right away.  rest, medication and over time he'll be back to normal. good

happynewyorker
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM

If he can have them, can he have ice pops or the ices in that plastic stand up stick?  those should help the back sores, if they can.  Not sure if he can have honey. Some say yes others say no.

Quoting bbyblueAK: Its good but bad. Bad because he can open the sores and cause bleeding in the back of his throat. Good because hes getting mucus out
Quoting happynewyorker:

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Poor kiddo, I would make sure to report any fevers to the doctor this soon after surgery though.

bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Doctor said if its 100.4 or higher to call him and his was only 99.1 this morning but im keeping an extra close eye on him.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Poor kiddo, I would make sure to report any fevers to the doctor this soon after surgery though.

bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
We plan to buy some today all hes eaten is ice cream some some other soft foods

Quoting happynewyorker:

If he can have them, can he have ice pops or the ices in that plastic stand up stick?  those should help the back sores, if they can.  Not sure if he can have honey. Some say yes others say no.

Quoting bbyblueAK: Its good but bad. Bad because he can open the sores and cause bleeding in the back of his throat. Good because hes getting mucus out
Quoting happynewyorker:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Pretty standard for this procedure. Hope he feels better.
Bluecalm
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM
It took each of my kids 10 days to feel better after T and A.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Aww poor baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana776
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I would avoid the ice cream, and any other dairy, it causes more phlegm. Regular popsicle are ok though. If the dr said it was ok, give him warm tea with honey. Honey has great healing and antiseptic properties.

I hope he gets feeling better soon.

Quoting bbyblueAK: We plan to buy some today all hes eaten is ice cream some some other soft foods
Quoting happynewyorker:

Quoting happynewyorker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN