Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Would you care if your child's teacher were gay?

Posted by   + Show Post

It's almost the end of the school year so the school's been looking for new teachers to replace a few outgoing teachers retiring at the end of this year. One new hire everyone is buzzing about is a man with tons of qualifications and experience who also happens to be gay. I believe sexuality is irrelevant when it comes to teaching kids, but there are lots of parents who are very upset about it, especially those whose kids will have him for 5th grade next year.

Would it bother you if you found out your child's teacher is gay? How would you talk to your child about the subject if he/she came home asking questions about it?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
m.garcia21
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I honestly wouldnt give a rats ass. What matters is that he is a good teacher. I would teach my kid to respect him as her teacher and not to worry about peoples sexual orientation because its none of our buisness
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Premarital sex as a teenager isn't a sin?

Quoting TeenMommie4u:

Ya. If They Are Open About It And Act Like It. I Would Ask To Switch Teachers. 

Alot Of Gays Were Molested And Have A Bigger Chance Of Touching Kids. I Woulldnt Chance That! And I Would Let My Child Know That What They Do Is A Sin So They Know I Wont Stand For That To Be In Our FamilY! 

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

TeenMommie4u
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM

We Are Getting Married And It Is A Sin But Is No Way As Bad As Being Gay. It Says In The Bible That Its An Abominashine. 

Murffsmom
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this

You know....you should educate yourself before you run off at the mouth..... Alot of people period have been molested....there have been studies done that show that being molested can have an effect on your sexual orientation....but there have also been studies done that show that most child molesters (chomos) are sexually attracted to children...the statistics show that yes some people that are molested will in fact go on to molest....but the majority will not.....

So basically to be a child molester you've got to be attracted to children......it does not matter if you are gay or straight.... So your assumption is incorrect.  You said that you wouldn't chance that......do you let your children hang out at thier friends houses? Or spend the night with friends?....... If you do then you would chance that....because the majority of children that are molested are molested by family or people that you consider friends. 

Regardless of if its a sin or not a sin.....I'm a Christian and believe that it is not my place to judge. I have a nephew that is gay and I love him...I have a niece that is a lesbian and I love her. I have neices and nephews that are straight that I love also...

Oh and btw.....how do gay people "ACT"? I didn't realize that you have to "ACT"a certain way to be gay....personally I am straight....so how do I "ACT"????

Quoting TeenMommie4u:

Alot Of Gays Were Molested And Have A Bigger Chance Of Touching Kids. I Woulldnt Chance That! And I Would Let My Child Know That What They Do Is A Sin So They Know I Wont Stand For That To Be In Our FamilY! 

Mocharoo
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:05 AM

No

TeenMommie4u
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Quoting Murffsmom:

You know....you should educate yourself before you run off at the mouth..... Alot of people period have been molested....there have been studies done that show that being molested can have an effect on your sexual orientation....but there have also been studies done that show that most child molesters (chomos) are sexually attracted to children...the statistics show that yes some people that are molested will in fact go on to molest....but the majority will not.....

So basically to be a child molester you've got to be attracted to children......it does not matter if you are gay or straight.... So your assumption is incorrect.  You said that you wouldn't chance that......do you let your children hang out at thier friends houses? Or spend the night with friends?....... If you do then you would chance that....because the majority of children that are molested are molested by family or people that you consider friends. 

Regardless of if its a sin or not a sin.....I'm a Christian and believe that it is not my place to judge. I have a nephew that is gay and I love him...I have a niece that is a lesbian and I love her. I have neices and nephews that are straight that I love also...

Oh and btw.....how do gay people "ACT"? I didn't realize that you have to "ACT"a certain way to be gay....personally I am straight....so how do I "ACT"????

Quoting TeenMommie4u:

I Dont Care About Any Of It. It Is Gross And Just A Disgusting Fetish And My Kid Wont Be Around That If I Can Help It. 

An U Now What I Am Saying About Acting Gay. Talking Like A Girl And Being Flamboyent. 

Karen_S
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Dd has an aftercare teacher that is gay. He's a wonderful, caring man who is great with kids, and he's her favorite aftercare teacher. And as far as having that conversation, we've already done it. The aftercare teacher hasn't brought it up, but DD had a friend in her class last year who has two mommies.  She asked why one day, and I said that some women fall in love with and marry men, and some fall on love with and marry women, and the same for men.  Not a biggie. Heck, she's young enough that she thinks she can marry me *and* her daddy when she grows up because she loves us so much, lol.

eykelley
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Nope. Im totally cool with a normal person teaching my kid. Wouldnt care if they were gay.
Murffsmom
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Once again you are assuming its a fetish.....look I use to bartend.....at a gay bar.'GASP"...5/6 years ago... And yes some of the men were effeminate....but the majority of them you would have never known that they were gay.......I've met straight men that are effeminate also.....so....

Quoting TeenMommie4u:

Quoting Murffsmom:

Quoting TeenMommie4u:

I Dont Care About Any Of It. It Is Gross And Just A Disgusting Fetish And My Kid Wont Be Around That If I Can Help It. 

An U Now What I Am Saying About Acting Gay. Talking Like A Girl And Being Flamboyent. 

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:24 AM

No I wouldn't care.  My english lit teacher in high school was gay, I think and he was the best english lit teacher ever.   As far as talking to my kid, she knew at a young age that it was no big deal to be gay.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN