Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Would you care if your child's teacher were gay?

Posted by   + Show Post

It's almost the end of the school year so the school's been looking for new teachers to replace a few outgoing teachers retiring at the end of this year. One new hire everyone is buzzing about is a man with tons of qualifications and experience who also happens to be gay. I believe sexuality is irrelevant when it comes to teaching kids, but there are lots of parents who are very upset about it, especially those whose kids will have him for 5th grade next year.

Would it bother you if you found out your child's teacher is gay? How would you talk to your child about the subject if he/she came home asking questions about it?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Replies (371-375):
lazyd
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:44 PM
No. Sexual orientation has got nothing to do with how well u teach!
TxMamma11
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM

If a teacher is doing their job, their sexuality shouldn't come up. Just as I wouldn't bring up the fact that I am sexually attracted to men if I were teaching history. It's not really anyone's business except the persons. 

Skye24
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Not a big deal . As long as he keeps his beliefs out of the classroom , none of my concern.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:52 AM
No, I wouldn't care.
Conorsmamma04
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Who cares if the teacher is gay... do they have a degree form and ability to perform the job? Then who are we to judge who they are in love with and what their sexual orientation is?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)