Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Popping Your Kids Mouth

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:44 AM
  • 197 Replies

I Popped My Daughters Mouth Today Because She Bit Me And My Grandma Yelled At Me And Said It Was Abuse. 

I Dont Believe That And She Didnt Bite Me Back. 

What Do You Think?

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:47 AM
3 moms liked this

I think popping in the face is a great sign of disrespect and dont agree with it for a child or an adult for that matter.  I pop on the hands or the bottom.  You should check to see if she is teething.

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:47 AM
5 moms liked this

i think it is pointless.
i think it is mean.
there are better ways to help guide your child into appropriate behavior. for instance simply saying "ow.  that hurts mommy" showing her she hurt you and stepping away from her.  showing her anger and then striking back only teaches her that if the appropriate response it to strike back...and that mommy can and will hurt her.

TeenMommie4u
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

i think it is pointless.i think it is mean.there are better ways to help guide your child into appropriate behavior. for instance simply saying "ow.  that hurts mommy" showing her she hurt you and stepping away from her.  showing her anger and then striking back only teaches her that if the appropriate response it to strike back...and that mommy can and will hurt her.

It Didnt Hurt Her Tho. I Tried To Say It Hurt But She Laughed. She Bites Me To Be Mean So I Had To Show Her That I Was Serious About It! 

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting TeenMommie4u:

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

i think it is pointless.i think it is mean.there are better ways to help guide your child into appropriate behavior. for instance simply saying "ow.  that hurts mommy" showing her she hurt you and stepping away from her.  showing her anger and then striking back only teaches her that if the appropriate response it to strike back...and that mommy can and will hurt her.

It Didnt Hurt Her Tho. I Tried To Say It Hurt But She Laughed. She Bites Me To Be Mean So I Had To Show Her That I Was Serious About It! 

she bites to get the reaction out of you.  dont get revenge... teach.  hurting your kid is not teaching...its retaliation.  i gave just one example of another way.. showing her that you dont want to be holding her etc if she is going to hurt you.  she will learn and no one has to be 'popping' anyone.

nana776
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:58 AM

How old is your dd?

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never ever hit my child on the mouth. It is consider abuse here, and illegal as it should be.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:10 AM
14 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

CharmMom1216
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:11 AM
How old
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:41 AM

The only place on the body I find appropriate to "pop" is the butt or the hand. I do not believe in "popping" children in the mouth.

white_wolf454
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:49 AM
3 moms liked this

I remeber the one and only time i ever got popped in the mouth and that was when I was 13 I called my mom a cunt and she popped me good . I never ever did that again . so with in reason i see no wrong but becareful with it

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)